ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will they enter rejection in my possport if ILR refused ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uk123
Newly Registered

Will they enter rejection in my possport if ILR refused ?

Post by uk123 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:13 pm

Dear all,

I first entered UK on WP in 2000. Since then I was out of UK for 1 year working for the same employer outside UK. I have completed 3 years and 11 months excluding my absense of 1 yr in the UK. My second problem is my employer is not ready to give me an employer reference letter (They say it's against their policy. Probably they don't want us to get the ILR).

I am planning to take some chance here and apply for ILR stating the fact that I don't have the employer reference letter but I will show all my payslips. Now my question is :

If Home Office refuses my application for ILR (because of the 1 yr absense in the UK and no employer reference letter), will they stamp any rejection on my passport saying my application was rejected ? If they do so It will have a negative impact on my future. I am not really bothered about my application getting rejected and a loss of money but my main concern is they should not enter anything in passport about the rejection of my ILR application.

If anyone knows the answer to my question then please let me know as I have to take a swift decision about applying for ILR.

Many thanks in advance !

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:15 pm

You MUST have the employer letter to demonstrate that your work is continuing in the UK before they will grant ILR.

Check the immigration rules
Where there is a will there is a way.

uk123
Newly Registered

Post by uk123 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:27 pm

Dear Chess, I appreciate your quick response. Yes I agree with you that the employer letter is very important for ILR but a few months back one of my friend who had absense of about 4 months in the UK and also without any employer letter approached Home Office with his case and ILR application and the caseworker actually granted him ILR. This was the reason I was taking some chance of applying for it. Any further advice is highly appreciated. Thanks !