ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application for myself

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DRaj911
Newly Registered
India

ILR application for myself

Post by DRaj911 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:41 pm

Hi everyone,

1. I came to the UK on 09-Mar-2019 sponsored by company 'A' on Tier-2 General Visa.
2. On 11-Jun-2019, I received email from company 'A' saying that they're terminating my sponsorship and they said in the email that they have informed Home office about the termination and said over the next few weeks the Home Office will write to me, to tell me that my visa has been curtailed. In that letter, it will explain to me what steps I must then take.
3. After few weeks I got the letter from Home Office stating this curtailment and given me time (till Feb-2020) to find another job/sponsor.
Fortunately I was able to find a new sponsor company 'B' and they gave me job offer & processed my sponsorship for 3 years (valid till 16-Feb-2023) before the Home Office given end-date.
4. Now I am still working with company 'B', as they've extended my VISA in Feb-2023 further for 2+ years and that will be expiring in 30-Aug-2025

So, technically I have completed 5 years in UK on 08-Mar-2024 (from I first came to the UK on 09-Mar-2019) but wanted to know if the gap that I had for few months between company A and company B sponsorship would that affect if I go for ILR application now?

I was in the UK for all this time when I was looking for new job/sponsor during that period.

Kindly request you to suggest on the above!

Thanks,
Raj

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application for myself

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:24 pm

A gap in employment has no effect on your ILR, only the continuous lawful residence matters which you seem to have
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

DRaj911
Newly Registered
India

Post by DRaj911 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:01 pm

zimba wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:24 pm
A gap in employment has no effect on your ILR, only the continuous lawful residence matters which you seem to have
Hi Zimba,

Thanks a lot for the quick response, its all good now for me to go ahead and apply for ILR?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:03 pm

Yes
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

DRaj911
Newly Registered
India

Post by DRaj911 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:21 pm

zimba wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:03 pm
Yes
Great, thanks for that I have a follow up question now, I have dependents currently on PBS dependents VISA if I apply and got ILR then can they stay on the PBS dependents VISA till they eligible for ILR which will be by 30-Aug-2025?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:25 pm

DRaj911 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:21 pm
zimba wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:03 pm
Yes
Great, thanks for that I have a follow up question now, I have dependents currently on PBS dependents VISA if I apply and got ILR then can they stay on the PBS dependents VISA till they eligible for ILR which will be by 30-Aug-2025?
Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DRaj911
Newly Registered
India

Post by DRaj911 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:43 am

Hi everyone,

I have a query hope this will be clarified here.

Since my current sponsorship expiring on 30-Aug-2025 but I am eligible to apply for an ILR, what should I need to ask my company to put in sponsor letter because just foreseeable future means it would not be beyond 30-Aug-2025 or it does not matter for the Home Office as they just look for sponsor letter with just those words?

Thanks,
Raj.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:11 pm

DRaj911
Newly Registered
India

Post by DRaj911 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:23 pm

Dear moderators,

For the ILR application, do we need to upload complete copy of passport including empty pages or its just need to scan & upload the non-empty pages?

Thanks in advance!
Raj.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:31 pm

DRaj911 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:23 pm
Dear moderators,

For the ILR application, do we need to upload complete copy of passport including empty pages or its just need to scan & upload the non-empty pages?

Thanks in advance!
Raj.
Empty pages of passport are useless, just stamps in the last 5 years

DRaj911
Newly Registered
India

Post by DRaj911 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:41 pm

Great, thanks a lot Zimba!

DRaj911
Newly Registered
India

Post by DRaj911 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:18 am

Dear moderators,

While filling the ILR form its asking "Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) code"

Is this something common for everyone who have their salaries above certain amount or should I need to get this from my employer?

I asked this to my HR but its not so soon they turn up with the details, so just thought to check the exact details of SOC code here?

Thanks,
Raj.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:18 pm

DRaj911
Newly Registered
India

Post by DRaj911 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:45 am

Thanks Zimba for the update!

I have checked the given site and it seems to be 2134 is the correct code but I asked my HR to confirm on that as my COS (2023) was showing 2136 that might have been updated recently by Home Office to 2134 but not 100% sure about this though.

Also, I am almost done with filling the form but its asking for the below documents:

1. Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK and Crown Dependencies for me.

2. Declaration signed by me to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks

3. All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK

4. Current Biometric Residence Permit for me

5. Evidence of my immigration status in the UK

6. Your most recent payslip and bank or building society statement.

7. A document from the sponsor who issued the certificate of sponsorship that led to your last permission to stay as a Tier 2 migrant confirming.

For most of the above points I am clear,

But:
For point '2', do I need to get the consent form signed by wife on page two of the form as she has her name in the council tax bill or its just I need to sign first page only.

For point '5' what actually are they asking because point '4' my current BRP is not that enough to show evidence of my immigration status?

please advice on the above point '2' & '5'?

Thanks,
Raj.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:59 am

For point 2, part 2 of the consent form must be signed by your spouse. Point 4 and 5 refer to BRP

DRaj911
Newly Registered
India

Post by DRaj911 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:37 pm

zimba wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:59 am
For point 2, part 2 of the consent form must be signed by your spouse. Point 4 and 5 refer to BRP
Thanks a lot for the response!

If so, then do I need to say Yes to both the below questions in the application form?

1. Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?

2. Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

For both the questions I believe they are asking us to download the same form and sign part 2 by that person.
Please advice?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:20 pm

YES and NO should be the answers

mastidl
India

Post by mastidl » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:13 pm

zimba wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:59 am

I am not trying to hack or steal the topic and sorry if my post sound like that.
I am just asking as I want to understand more on this.

why we need spouse consent when the applicant is main applicant. Because if I remember correctly, I have not taken my spouse consent when applying for skilled worker extension even though both the names were present on council tax document and it got approved.

is this different for ILR ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 am

If you share evidence with someone and use such evidence in your own application, they need to provide their consent for any verification checks in all applications

mastidl
India

Post by mastidl » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:44 pm

zimba wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 am
If you share evidence with someone and use such evidence in your own application, they need to provide their consent for any verification checks in all applications
understood, thank you for the reply.

I have one question. As the main applicant we do not submit any address proof right.
so if we are not submitting the address proof as main applicant and bank account is not a joint account, do we still say Yes and submit the consent on part 2 from spouse ?

the above is for SET-O.

thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:54 pm

correct , If you do not send a document that is shared with others, you do not need their consent.

DRaj911
Newly Registered
India

Post by DRaj911 » Sat May 18, 2024 11:53 am

DRaj911 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:45 am

I have checked the given site and it seems to be 2134 is the correct code but I asked my HR to confirm on that as my COS (2023) was showing 2136 that might have been updated recently by Home Office to 2134 but not 100% sure about this though.

Also, I am almost done with filling the form but its asking for the below documents:

1. Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK and Crown Dependencies for me.

2. Declaration signed by me to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks

3. All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK

7. A document from the sponsor who issued the certificate of sponsorship that led to your last permission to stay as a Tier 2 migrant confirming.

But:
For point '2', do I need to get the consent form signed by wife on page two of the form as she has her name in the council tax bill or its just I need to sign first page only.

For point '5' what actually are they asking because point '4' my current BRP is not that enough to show evidence of my immigration status?

Thanks,
Raj.
Hi, I need some clarifications on the points 1 and 7, do we need to have two separate letters from employer or we can have both the details in one letter?

mastidl
India

Post by mastidl » Sat May 18, 2024 4:26 pm

DRaj911 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 11:53 am
DRaj911 wrote:

But:

Thanks,
Raj.
Hi, I need some clarifications on the points 1 and 7, do we need to have two separate letters from employer or we can have both the details in one letter?
one letter is enough which states that you are working for under XXX soc code and they need your services in foreeable future with mentioning your salary and weekly hours along with absences.

DRaj911
Newly Registered
India

Post by DRaj911 » Sat May 18, 2024 4:30 pm

mastidl wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 4:26 pm
DRaj911 wrote:
DRaj911 wrote:

But:

Thanks,
Raj.
one letter is enough which states that you are working for under XXX soc code and they need your services in foreeable future with mentioning your salary and weekly hours along with absences.
Perfect, thanks a lot mastidl for your quick response, thats really useful and helpful to me!

mastidl
India

Post by mastidl » Sat May 18, 2024 4:52 pm

DRaj911 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 4:30 pm
mastidl wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 4:26 pm
DRaj911 wrote:
DRaj911 wrote:

But:

Thanks,
Raj.
Perfect, thanks a lot mastidl for your quick response, thats really useful and helpful to me!
no worries, I just got my ILR approval email today morning. I have used only one letter cover everything.