ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complicated Graduate dependent visa application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shakara
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Complicated Graduate dependent visa application

Post by Shakara » Sat May 18, 2024 5:03 pm

Hi, please asking for a family member.

Wife was the student on Tier 4 with husband as dependent. Wife graduated and applied for Graduate visa, however both decided not to apply for husband to join as dependent as planned to relocate to canada instead. Hime office wrote to them twice to confirm hubby not applying, they confirmed with home office hubby was leaving the country.
Both went to canada to explore options, wife returned to uk to round up things and work abit and then discovered pregnant, had several pregnancy related illness couldn’t travel so was in the uk till had baby very early 27weeks via emergency section. Baby in hospital still now 32 weeks ( 4 weeks old). Hubby got visiting visa and came in to uk 4 days ago. Now wants to apply to remain as graduate dependent under wife so can work cos wife and baby need care and financial support.
Planing on applying quoting exceptional circumstances as is not meant to apply on a visitor visa. Is this a possibility or is there a better way to go about this.
Thanks and looking forward to any helpful suggestions.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Complicated Graduate dependent visa application

Post by CR001 » Sat May 18, 2024 8:11 pm

Is this a possibility or is there a better way to go about this.
He cannot apply for a graduate dependent visa unfortunately. He should have applied when his wife did, as a back up. He will have to leave the UK and apply for a visa he qualifies for from abroad.

The child also is only entitled to 3 months free NHS care. They need to plan accordingly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Complicated Graduate dependent visa application

Post by sah10406 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 8:11 pm
The child also is only entitled to 3 months free NHS care. They need to plan accordingly.
This can include applying for permission to stay for the child, but it would need to be under Appendix FM not as a Graduate dependant.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.