ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Married in ireland divorce in the UK!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Yassine09
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Married in ireland divorce in the UK!

Post by Yassine09 » Fri May 24, 2024 8:23 pm

Hello everyone,

I hope you're doing well. I have a question down i moved to the UK. I want to apply for a divorce can I do it from the uk am living here 3 years now. I was trying to do it in Ireland but it look very complicated 2 years seperation and more.
Appreciate the help thanks.

chriswickstead
European Union

Re: Married in ireland divorce in the UK!

Post by chriswickstead » Fri May 24, 2024 10:19 pm

I was previously married in the UK and then divorced in the UK, in my case the divorce also required a separation period of 2 years. It sounds like Ireland and UK are aligned on this. I can't comment on jurisdiction however...if you are a UK resident I am not sure how if getting divorced in another country is/would be possible.

Yassine09
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Yassine09 » Sat May 25, 2024 12:19 am

Thanks for your time am resident in the UK my marriage took place in Ireland

Jeeta
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jeeta » Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:56 am

Yassine09 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 8:23 pm
Hello everyone,

I hope you're doing well. I have a question down i moved to the UK. I want to apply for a divorce can I do it from the uk am living here 3 years now. I was trying to do it in Ireland but it look very complicated 2 years seperation and more.
Appreciate the help thanks.
hi Yassine09,
what nationality your husband/wife is and what nationality is yours? Some countries have easy laws for divorce in europe than the others. but technically you can file for divorce in any country in the world provided you send divorce notice to your spouse for which you need to know their address. I hope it works for you. Good luck

wish_uk
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by wish_uk » Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:37 pm

chriswickstead wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 10:19 pm
I was previously married in the UK and then divorced in the UK, in my case the divorce also required a separation period of 2 years. It sounds like Ireland and UK are aligned on this. I can't comment on jurisdiction however...if you are a UK resident I am not sure how if getting divorced in another country is/would be possible.
I never heard about this,
whole procedure take 6 month, and online.
married Aug 2014