ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eVisa & New Passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

eVisa & New Passport

Post by waleed205 » Sun May 26, 2024 7:44 am

Hi, I thought I saw someone with the same problem but I am unable to locate that post.

WHen I applied for my FLR-M, I went to biometric appointment with the BRP (valid then) and my passport. Obviously when approved, I recived my new BRP and retruend the old one.

I have eVisa account setup using the newer BRP as Identity Dcoment. But I also have a new passport now. The process to setup eVisa did not ask for my passport. I read online that I can update my passport info online, however no mention of my passport information on my eVisa accoutn it only metions nationality.

As a spouse of a citizen, do I need to update passport info now? or wait until ILR application time?

If now, What would be the approperite way of doing? I add the previous passport as a second identity document (since that's the one currently on their records) then update it? Or enter teh new passport as identity document directely?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: eVisa & New Passport

Post by zimba » Sun May 26, 2024 4:58 pm

An immigration status is granted to an individual and it is not just attached to their current passport. There is no need to update anything unless asked. If this was the case, renewing a passport would prevent many from flying and travelling over the years. Even historically, you could travel with a valid visa vignette affixed in an expired passport as long as you carried your new passport, without any issues !!

As long as you have an eVisa and a valid passport, you should face no issues
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice