ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No fingerprints or stamp visa when enter the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lid92
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

No fingerprints or stamp visa when enter the UK

Post by Lid92 » Mon May 27, 2024 7:53 am

Hi,

I hope you’re all doing well.

I’m on spouse visa, and were on a holiday outside of the UK for a week. I stupidly forgot my BRP at home and was worried the border control won’t let me back in the UK.
I arrived back yesterday, told the border control I forgot my BRP and have a copy of it on my phone + registered to the E-visa. She said it’s ok, scanned my passport and let me in. Didn’t take my fingerprints or stamp the passport. I asked if she can see it all in the system, she said yes and that was it.

I’m worried she didn’t take my fingerprints or stamp my passport. How can the UK know I’m here? I would be able to apply for ILR in less than a year and I don’t want any problems. Is there a chance she let me in on a tourist visa by accident?

Thanks in advance and sorry for this being long!

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: No fingerprints or stamp visa when enter the UK

Post by lolo2 » Mon May 27, 2024 1:31 pm

Lid92 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 7:53 am
How can the UK know I’m here?
Lid92 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 7:53 am
She (the border control) said it’s ok, scanned my passport and let me in.
Missed stamps are not an issue for ILR.