ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Births Register Entry Number for Passport

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kzabby
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Foreign Births Register Entry Number for Passport

Post by kzabby » Sat May 25, 2024 8:40 pm

Am Irish citizen by foreign births registration in 2002. Trying to apply for new passport as my Irish passport is expired and was issued more than 15 years ago. In the online passport form it asks for Foreign Births Register entry number which I assume is box 1, Uimhir/Number, on my Foreign Births Certificate but it won't accept it. Says it is not valid. Not sure what to do. Anyone experience this before and have a solution? There's also a Foreign Births Entry Book number at the bottom of the form but it does not accept that as valid either. Neither of these is the certificate number listed at the top of my certificate which is another box in the online form and that it accepts as valid. Thanks in advance for any suggestions on how to resolve.

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: Foreign Births Register Entry Number for Passport

Post by jgclancy » Mon May 27, 2024 2:22 pm

kzabby wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 8:40 pm
Am Irish citizen by foreign births registration in 2002. Trying to apply for new passport as my Irish passport is expired and was issued more than 15 years ago. In the online passport form it asks for Foreign Births Register entry number which I assume is box 1, Uimhir/Number, on my Foreign Births Certificate but it won't accept it. Says it is not valid. Not sure what to do. Anyone experience this before and have a solution? There's also a Foreign Births Entry Book number at the bottom of the form but it does not accept that as valid either. Neither of these is the certificate number listed at the top of my certificate which is another box in the online form and that it accepts as valid. Thanks in advance for any suggestions on how to resolve.
I believe sometimes you add zeroes to the front. Can't remember off the top of my head how many numbers make it acceptable.

jgclancy

kzabby
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by kzabby » Wed May 29, 2024 5:48 pm

Thank you, that worked!

kcoin
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by kcoin » Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:36 pm

Did that number work then taking #1 Number: XYZ and entering 00XYZ for your application? There is the other number (Foreign Births Entry Book Number which on mine is LMN (a different number). I may just call them on Monday to ask which to use. Let me know though as it was not clear to me.
Cheers