ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa Advice - - HELP wud be greatly appreciated

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mighty Reds
Newly Registered

Visitor Visa Advice - - HELP wud be greatly appreciated

Post by Mighty Reds » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:19 pm

Hi, im new to this forum. Glad i found it as the official channels don't seem to have answers to your questions no matter how hard you look! Hopefully someone will be able to help me over here :D

So anyway here's is my question: I will be getting get married in April this year in Pakistan. Im 22 and and a UK Citizen. My soon to be wife turned 20 today! But with the new Uk laws wer bought in place where we can only apply for spousal settlement visa if both partners are 21yrs or over. This means after gettin married in April id have to wait over 8 months before she can apply.

So i was wondering is it possible if we apply for a 6 month Visitor Visa for her after we get married?

Would this have any impact on our spousal settlement visa once she turns 21 in Jan 2010?

Does anyone know how much the fees are for a Visitor Visa?

Wud greatly appreciate any help!! :wink:

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:21 am

Possible if she qualifies.

However, showing 'intention to leave the UK at the end of visit' may be a problem?

See also Visa fees
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

scorpiolady
United Kingdom

Post by scorpiolady » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:24 am

This question has been answered elsewhere
Scorpiolady