ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVI approval but BRP pending - can I travel outside the UK?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

clemence
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UKVI approval but BRP pending - can I travel outside the UK?

Post by clemence » Tue May 28, 2024 5:38 pm

Hi,

I've just had the appointment with the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services this morning and I've paid for the super priority service to get an answer from UKVI within 24H.

According to gov.uk website, if my application gets approved by UKVI, I should receive my new BRP within 7-10 days.
The thing is I'm supposed to travel this weekend, but I don't want to risk anything regarding my visa renewal.

My question is: once I get an answer from UKVI, will I be able to leave the UK without risking anything, please?

To sum up:
  • My current BRP expires June 14th
    I'm supposed to be away from this Friday May 31st to next Tuesday June 4th
Is there any risk once I get UKVI approval or everything is fine since my current BRP is still valid?

Many thanks for your help!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: UKVI approval but BRP pending - can I travel outside the UK?

Post by AmazonianX » Wed May 29, 2024 9:14 am

You can reenter with your valid ILR BRP.

clemence
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by clemence » Wed May 29, 2024 2:36 pm

Thank you so much AmazonianX.

And if I haven't received an answer from UKVI, I should not leave the country, right?
Also, do you know how will I get the answer? (email, text message or should I log in and check somewhere?) It's been more than 24H and I still got nothing whereas I paid for super priority service.

Thank you again!

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed May 29, 2024 3:51 pm

You could have submitted the application on your return provided you still have a valid leave until 14th June.

A super-priority service is not guaranteed. A number of applicants still get their applications delayed even after paying for such services. The decision is informed by email - you should have received a decision on your first application in the same way.

If you leave the UK and a decision is still pending, the application is treated as withdrawn.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed May 29, 2024 11:35 pm

clemence wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 2:36 pm

And if I haven't received an answer from UKVI, I should not leave the country, right? Absolutely correct, don't leave
Also, do you know how will I get the answer? (email, text message or should I log in and check somewhere?) It's been more than 24H and I still got nothing whereas I paid for super priority service. Most likely by email, there is no guarantee of that service even though paid for.

Thank you again!

clemence
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by clemence » Thu May 30, 2024 1:13 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 11:35 pm
clemence wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 2:36 pm

And if I haven't received an answer from UKVI, I should not leave the country, right? Absolutely correct, don't leave
Also, do you know how will I get the answer? (email, text message or should I log in and check somewhere?) It's been more than 24H and I still got nothing whereas I paid for super priority service. Most likely by email, there is no guarantee of that service even though paid for.

Thank you again!
Thanks a lot - so they get back to me asking for this document:
- If you wish to rely on a degree certificate outside of the UK, We require a accompanying letter from Ecctis, More details can be found here https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/knowledge-of-english
The thing is, I did provide my TOEIC test that I passed in 2019 and used for my previous application back in 2021. It was approved and since I got 980/990, I thought that would be enough to prove my English skills.
I've also provided my master degree certification but it's written in French.
I'm not sure if they are asking me to repass the English test to prove my English skills, or if I should get a certificated translation of my master degree? Do you have any idea?

And last question, since I paid for this super priority service, once I'll have sent the new required documents, will they still be providing an answer within few days (I get this can be more than 24H) but just wanted to know if the super priority service still apply of if I'll have to wait 8 weeks as a standard application?

Thank you for all your help :)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 30, 2024 5:24 pm

Not sure of where this stand due to the running historical matter between TOEIC users and HO. Would think if it was accepted as recently as 2021 should be no issue.
May be faster to pass English language test. If you see this ad an option you may want to try Trinity College London SELT GESE at Level B1.

Mix bag, some get response back fast as if still on priority, others not so fast like normal service.

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:31 pm

My Wife is in a similar situation, She has applied for her ILR using Super priority service, and we expect the decision shortly. Her current BRP does not expire until Late August, and she was hoping to travel home to see her Mum this month. Will she be OK traveling with her old BRP, provided we get the approval? Will this cause issue for her?

Her previous BRP is for an FLR(M) visa

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:40 pm

wodinsrage wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:31 pm
My Wife is in a similar situation, She has applied for her ILR using Super priority service, and we expect the decision shortly. Her current BRP does not expire until Late August, and she was hoping to travel home to see her Mum this month. Will she be OK traveling with her old BRP, provided we get the approval? Will this cause issue for her?

Her previous BRP is for an FLR(M) visa
Ask your question in your own thread.