ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (SET M) questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jimmycmrt2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR (SET M) questions

Post by jimmycmrt2 » Thu May 30, 2024 7:52 pm

Hi everyone,

I hope you are having a nice day.

I’ve been reading a lot on this forum lately as I’m doing my ILR application, SET (M), on my own, and I’m slightly apprehensive about it.
I have a few questions (or more like looking for confirmation) that would be great to get your thoughts on, please.

Would it be okay for me to submit the ILR application on 04/06/2024 but book my biometrics after 14/06/2024?
My entry stamp is dated 12/07/2019. Thus, 5 years - 28 days = 14/06/2024.

I’ll try to select the super priority service, if available. But I reckon it would still allow me to book the biometrics in the future? I’m not sure how that step works.

And I know I’m using the ILR area here, so apologies in advance, but it seems like the naturalisation documents list for people married to British citizens is very similar to the ILR ones, just slightly reduced. As such, if my ILR is issued still in June 2024, would it be okay to use the same documents when applying for the naturalisation? I would apply as soon as the ILR is available to me.

Thank you so much in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR (SET M) questions

Post by CR001 » Thu May 30, 2024 7:55 pm

Your ILR qualifying period starts from the date you entered the UK on a spouse visa (not a fiance visa), not the visa issue date.

Super priority, if available, is at the payment of the application page stage.

Please do not ask citizenship questions in the ILR sub forum. There is a separate sub forum specifically for citizenship questions. Citizenship also has minimal document requirements, it is not an immigration application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jimmycmrt2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jimmycmrt2 » Thu May 30, 2024 7:59 pm

Hi,
Thank you for your reply! Sorry, by entry stamp I meant the passport stamp I got the day I entered the UK.

jimmycmrt2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jimmycmrt2 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:30 am

Hi everyone,

I’m quite worried now as I think I’ve done something wrong with my application.

My 5 years anniversary is on the 12/07/2024.
Therefore, my 5yr - 28 days is on the 14/06/2024.

I applied yesterday online (01/06/2024), paid for my appointments and uploaded the documents.
My biometrics appointment though is on the 22/06/2024.

It seems according to some posts that my application might be refused as I submitted the documents too early, even though the biometrics is within the 5 years - 28 days.

Shall I withdraw my application ASAP?

Thank you!

jimmycmrt2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jimmycmrt2 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:52 am

jimmycmrt2 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:30 am
Hi everyone,

I’m quite worried now as I think I’ve done something wrong with my application.

My 5 years anniversary is on the 12/07/2024.
Therefore, my 5yr - 28 days is on the 14/06/2024.

I applied yesterday online (01/06/2024), paid for my appointments and uploaded the documents.
My biometrics appointment though is on the 22/06/2024.

It seems according to some posts that my application might be refused as I submitted the documents too early, even though the biometrics is within the 5 years - 28 days.

Shall I withdraw my application ASAP?

Thank you!
Hi all, sorry to spam here, but I didn't want to create a new post.

I'm very anxious about this and wondering if I should withdraw it before the next working day?
I simply can't afford to lose the fees and re-apply again if they refuse my ILR because the submission date was 2 weeks earlier than the qualifying period.

Any guidance here, please? Thank you!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:11 pm

The date of the decision will be considered !

How to apply early and benefit from the date of the ILR decision ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jimmycmrt2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jimmycmrt2 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:21 pm

zimba wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:11 pm
The date of the decision will be considered !

How to apply early and benefit from the date of the ILR decision ?
Hi zimba, thank you for coming back to me!

I used a super-priority service, so the decision could be made on 23/06/2024, in theory.
I only complete 5 years on 12/07/2024. Would they still count the -28 days on the day of the decision, or on the day of the decision I need to have completed the full 5 years?

And if I can keep my application as it is, do I have to add a letter explaining about the early application?

Sorry about all these questions on such a sunny day.

Thank you!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:55 am

Please read the advice given in that link again. You do NOT need 5 full years to get ILR :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jimmycmrt2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jimmycmrt2 » Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:17 pm

For anyone reading this in future. I did attend biometrics on the 22/06 and my ILR was granted on the 24/06 😊

Thank you so much for the advice and helpful tips!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:37 am

jimmycmrt2 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:17 pm
For anyone reading this in future. I did attend biometrics on the 22/06 and my ILR was granted on the 24/06 😊

Thank you so much for the advice and helpful tips!
Congratulations.