ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary increase - should sponsor notify UKVI?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bamblue
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Salary increase - should sponsor notify UKVI?

Post by bamblue » Fri May 31, 2024 12:10 am

Hi all,

My employer is going to offer me a salary increase of 3.5k per year for managing a project. My core responsibilities, job title and job code will not change at all, although I will have a second job title 'X project manager' that goes after my current job title which still remains my main work responsibilities.

In this case, should I ask my HR to notify UKVI this change via SMS?

I checked the guidance it says clearly the sponsor only needs to report it if there are any significant changes in the worker's job, and that sponsor does not need to report salary increase. See below.
if there are any significant changes in the sponsored worker’s employment – for example:
o a promotion or change in job title or core duties, other than those which need a change of employment application – see the ‘Extensions, change of employment and settlement’ section of Part 2: Sponsor a worker for more information on this
o a reduction in salary from the level stated on their CoS – you do not have to report increases to salary
I do not consider my job change significant because:
1. My old job title stays
2. I am given some extra responsibilities but it does not equal to a promotion
3. My current responsibilities still remain as my main core duties

I would really appreciate some guru's thoughts here, as I am aware of the 10-day time limit to report this but also worry if this would draw any unnecessary attention from the UKVI.

Many thanks in advance!!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Salary increase - should sponsor notify UKVI?

Post by AmazonianX » Fri May 31, 2024 5:09 am

This does not require notifying HO by SMS.