ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Dependent applying visa extension seperately

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gnarlycat
Newly Registered
India

ILR - Dependent applying visa extension seperately

Post by gnarlycat » Fri May 31, 2024 11:17 am

Hi there,

I am applying for ILR global talent 3-year route. My partner has 3 year global talent dependent visa and she can apply only after 5 years. So, right now, I am applying for ILR separately, and my partner is applying for a visa extension separately. My question is, can she apply for and pay her IHS for 2 years and wait for her 5 year period? I have seen an article saying she can only apply for a three-year extension. In that case, she would have 1 year extra after her ILR qualification. Does anyone have any experience in this?

Cheers

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - Dependent applying visa extension seperately

Post by zimba » Fri May 31, 2024 11:55 am

gnarlycat wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 11:17 am
Hi there,

I am applying for ILR global talent 3-year route. My partner has 3 year global talent dependent visa and she can apply only after 5 years. So, right now, I am applying for ILR separately, and my partner is applying for a visa extension separately. My question is, can she apply for and pay her IHS for 2 years and wait for her 5 year period? I have seen an article saying she can only apply for a three-year extension. In that case, she would have 1 year extra after her ILR qualification. Does anyone have any experience in this?

Cheers
The period of a dependant visa and the IHS fee required is fixed according to the immigration rules. They will not get a shorter period unless the main applicant's visa expiry is less than 3 years. The visa term will always be fixed for the deponents of the ILR holders. She will apply for ILR whenever she is eligible, regardless of how much is left on her visa.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice