ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date for ILR application for FLR 5 year

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Date for ILR application for FLR 5 year

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:32 am

wodinsrage wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:10 pm
Quick question. We are having a little difficulty with my wife's travel history for her ILR application. The reason is that she travels quite a lot for business and has lost the ticket stubs for several of her flights. We were directed to the UK.gov Request personal information held in the borders, immigration and citizenship system, but are a little weary as we don't want to cause to much fuss. Is this a smart way to get accurate information of ins/outs from the country, or will this cause an issue for her application?
It should not be any issues at all. Go for detailed SAR.

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Sat May 11, 2024 9:22 am

Hello,

My wife and I are in the final stages of completing the ILR application. We have completed the application online, but have yet to submit. We have collected and scanned all the required documents and are now looking at the best timing for when to submit and set the appointment. We are going to go for the express service so that we can get the results as quickly as possible.
we just have a few last questions:

1. If we were to submit and set an appointment for 2-3 weeks from now, would that be held against us as a negative?

2. With express, how long after the appointment would we generally receive a decision?

3. Does the timing of the submission or appointment hold any impact to the supplication?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat May 11, 2024 1:39 pm

1. You get up to 45 working days to book an appointment
2. Super priority is within 24 hours (assuming a working day) but there are no guarantees
3. Not really as long as you are eligible on the date of the decision
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Sat May 11, 2024 8:12 pm

We are thinking to submit within the next week or so, but my wife has a business trip the week after, and we were hoping to schedule the appointment once she is back. Will her traveling in between the application and the appointment affect the application? or does she have to stay in country till the appointment?

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Sat May 11, 2024 8:28 pm

To clarify, she has a good deal of time left on her FLR(M) visa, and the trip would be in between the application and the appointment, so the documents would not have been uploaded at that point.

We just need to know whether we can start now, or if we should wait till she gets back?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat May 11, 2024 11:09 pm

She should NOT leave the UK after she applies because then her application will be automatically considered withdrawn. The biometrics appointment is irrelevant. She better apply after her travels
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun May 12, 2024 2:41 am

wodinsrage wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 8:28 pm
To clarify, she has a good deal of time left on her FLR(M) visa, and the trip would be in between the application and the appointment, so the documents would not have been uploaded at that point.

We just need to know whether we can start now, or if we should wait till she gets back?
If you are comfortable making the appointment after returning from the business trip then there is really no hurry to submit and pay for application before the trip.
Noye that application date Is what's of relevance so don't lose your fee.

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Mon May 13, 2024 9:30 pm

One last question about the travel history on the application. It asks for s to enter any absences over 14 days over the last 5 years. Do we need to enter all the times my wife left the country or just the absences 14 days or more?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue May 14, 2024 12:12 am

wodinsrage wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 9:30 pm
One last question about the travel history on the application. It asks for s to enter any absences over 14 days over the last 5 years. Do we need to enter all the times my wife left the country or just the absences 14 days or more?
The family route has NO absence limits, juts enter what is asked but this is not going to effect the outcome at all

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Sat May 25, 2024 11:55 am

Hello,

I have a question about the timing of my wife's ILR.

She entered the UK on April 20 2019,
We have already received both FLR(M) visas.
Her BRP expires on 13/08/2024.
We are looking to apply for the 5 day result.

We are looking to apply in the next few days, and we were wondering if this is the right time to do so as we already have all the documents collected and scanned and ready to go.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 25, 2024 12:05 pm

wodinsrage wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 11:55 am
Hello,

I have a question about the timing of my wife's ILR.

She entered the UK on April 20 2019,
We have already received both FLR(M) visas.
Her BRP expires on 13/08/2024.
We are looking to apply for the 5 day result.

We are looking to apply in the next few days, and we were wondering if this is the right time to do so as we already have all the documents collected and scanned and ready to go.
1. She could have applied within 28 days before the 5 anniversary of the date she entered the UK. The latest she can apply is her visa expiry date.

2. There is no 5 day priority service for Set(M) ILR applications. You only have the standard option or Super Priority Service which costs £1000.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Sun May 26, 2024 11:30 pm

Just noticed something. my employment letter says "Pay period ending 31 May", but my pay is on the last Thursday each month.
Is this going to be an issue?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 27, 2024 5:48 am

wodinsrage wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 11:30 pm
Just noticed something. my employment letter says "Pay period ending 31 May", but my pay is on the last Thursday each month.
Is this going to be an issue?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Tue May 28, 2024 7:09 pm

for my wife's final payslip, it isn't on her last bank statement as it went in shortly after the bank statement was issued. She has gone to the bank and they printed her a mini statement and stamped and signed it. Will this be sufficient for the officers?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed May 29, 2024 5:02 am

wodinsrage wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 7:09 pm
for my wife's final payslip, it isn't on her last bank statement as it went in shortly after the bank statement was issued. She has gone to the bank and they printed her a mini statement and stamped and signed it. Will this be sufficient for the officers?
Yes

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:57 am

My wife and I are just finishing the application. We have filled out the entire set m ILR application, and have watched a few videos on YouTube to make sure we have got everything correct. We just watched a video where a woman was asked three questions that were not on our application:
1. When did you first enter the UK?
2. Do you have a visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission to be in the UK?
3. What is the end date of your most recent visa, leave to enter or other permission to be in the UK?
4. Have you spent and oy your two, three or five year continuous period (as applicable) with leave to enter or remain in the crown Dependencies?

Now, this woman in the video was not completing a set m application, but we are still concerned.

1. Are the applications different for people on family visas/work visas?
2. for question 4, would this not be asked as she has lived at the same address in the uk for the past 4 years?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 01, 2024 5:19 pm

Applications and rules differ depending on the visa a person holds. It is not a one size fits all.

You should only be following official websites, rules or guidance, not YouTube!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Sat Jun 01, 2024 5:47 pm

True, but you can understand the concern that questions 1-3 are not on our application. The question is, are they supposed to be?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:00 pm

You are overthinking. Different visa categories have different forms with different questions!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:28 pm

wodinsrage wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2024 5:47 pm
True, but you can understand the concern that questions 1-3 are not on our application. The question is, are they supposed to be?
You admitted yours is a different type or route so why the concern that the questions are not un yours?
ANSWER what is in your application n on your route.

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:04 pm

DO they no longer ask if there are any further reasons to remain in the documents section on the application for ILR Set(m)?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:59 am

wodinsrage wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:04 pm
DO they no longer ask if there are any further reasons to remain in the documents section on the application for ILR Set(m)?
If you answer that question on the from, then the form will ask you to provide such evidence. The error is thinking you have to answer yes to that question. You do NOT need to provide other reason for why you need to settle in the UK when you normally qualify

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:30 pm

When uploading documents we prefixed all of the entries to do with my wife as "Applicant", and all the entries for myself as "Sponsor". Is this clear enough for the Home office? or, do wee need to delete all and reupload with different prefixes?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:07 am

wodinsrage wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:30 pm
When uploading documents we prefixed all of the entries to do with my wife as "Applicant", and all the entries for myself as "Sponsor". Is this clear enough for the Home office? or, do wee need to delete all and reupload with different prefixes?
Won't be an issue. All uploaded supporting documents will be reviewed by CW.

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:29 pm

One last minute question.

We have completed the online application, uploaded all our documents and have opted for the super priority service. My wife has her appointment for 19/06/2024.

The question regards my wife's work is asking if she can travel for work to Italy on Saturday (22/06/2024). Her current BRP expires on 31/08/2024, and she has a Canadian passport. Assuming she receives her ILR on Thursday, can she travel on Saturday with her old BRP? if not, Can she travel with her Canadian passport? or would leaving before she receives her BRP be dangerous???