ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK driving disqualification impact on Skilled Worker Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

forwarday90
Newly Registered
Kuwait

UK driving disqualification impact on Skilled Worker Visa

Post by forwarday90 » Fri May 17, 2024 8:55 pm

Hi everyone,

While I was in the UK on a graduate visa, I was disqualified from driving for 6 months by the court due to accumulating 12 or more penalty points within three years (TT99). All the points were for speeding (SP30). Additionally, I received a separate fine for not insuring my vehicle or declaring a SORN when I was trying to sell my car after my disqualification. After the 6 months, I successfully passed my theory and practical tests to regain my license and have not received any fines since then.

I fully acknowledge my mistakes and am very remorseful about my past actions. I have taken active steps to ensure I do not repeat these mistakes or disregard the law in any way in the future.

My graduate visa has expired, and I have left the UK. Now, I am planning to apply for a skilled worker visa. I understand that I need to declare my disqualification and the no insurance fine on the application. How serious are these criminal offenses considered in the visa application process? What are my chances of facing a refusal, and is there any way to minimise this risk? Should I consult an immigration solicitor as well?

Thanks in advance for any help

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: UK driving disqualification impact on Skilled Worker Visa

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun May 19, 2024 9:19 am

Not going to be a big issue. As you said, declaring it is the most important thing.

forwarday90
Newly Registered
Kuwait

Post by forwarday90 » Mon May 20, 2024 8:15 pm

Thank you so much!

Outfear09
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Outfear09 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 3:09 am

I have a similar problem. I am applying for to extend my current work permit and have a driving disqualification for getting 12 penalty points. I am planning to declare it, but I'm unsure whether I need to list each individual penalty points separately in the application or if I can simply just mention the disqualification as a whole. I am also planning to clarify this in the additional section as well so it does not seem like i omitting any information would that be necessary? Can someone please help with this, would really appreciate it!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:14 pm

It is a pain but you have to declare each part separately as each is a separate offence but it will not impact your application.

Outfear09
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Outfear09 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:59 pm

What about including it in a cover letter instead would that be ok? Also last question from my end i have a congestion zone PCN would i need to mention that as well?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:30 am

You got response to your query only to return asking more or less same thing.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:09 am

PCNs are not needed to be declared.

The same form provides examples of what motoring offences need to be declared, driving disqualifications are one of them. Then there is a field in the form to give details of the offence. No need to add any cover letter repeating the same.