ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Defined COS for skilled worker assigned may 2024 but salary does not appear to be correct

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ladypotter
Newly Registered
Philippines

Defined COS for skilled worker assigned may 2024 but salary does not appear to be correct

Post by ladypotter » Sun May 26, 2024 8:20 pm

Hello, I hope you can help me.
My company is processing my sister's papers to come here as a healthcare assistant.
They were able to secure a defined COS for her and the date assigned was May 2, 2024. However, this COS has been applied since last year and it just came out now because the HOME office has been delayed in putting out COS.
The salary in her COS is 11.90, which is around £23,000+. I am trying to read the guidance and it seems like she needs to have the £30000+ salary because the COS was assigned after April 4, 2024. No company will hire a healthcare assistant for that salary. Though she is applicable to apply in the Health and Care Visa. I AM JUST CONFUSED. Can we start to apply her with her visa and will there be any problem with the stated salary on her COS. I was thinking the home office will not approve the COS if they think the salary is wrong, but I am just not sure because of the new guidance.
Can someone please help me out.

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Re: Defined COS for skilled worker assigned may 2024 but salary does not appear to be correct

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 7:45 am

I believe you need to sort this out before applying for the visa and ask the company to get a new COS with the revised salary.

Also, Will it not be a problem if your sister is getting a job in the same company where you are working as I read somewhere that this is now restricted by the home office that two immediate family members cannot be hired in the same company as it voids the whole concept of merit based hiring.