ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment in the same company for non immediate family member

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Employment in the same company for non immediate family member

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 7:51 am

Hi folks,

Hope you guys are good. This forum has always been my first point of getting accurate immigration advice from some of the top professionals. My question that i am looking to get answer for is:

My brother has been employed by a company in the UK, He received his COS letter, applied for the visa and now joined the company like 3 months ago. Now my wife went through a new opening in the same company and they are willing to hire my wife as a full time worker as well. They have secured a defined cos for her. My reservations are IF my wife can apply for the visa to work for the same company. I know two brothers, sisters, son father or immediate family members cannot be hired by the same company anymore but does it applies to the relatives on the second tier as well.

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Employment in the same company for non immediate family member

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:57 pm

Irfanlibra2017 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 7:51 am
Hi folks,

Hope you guys are good. This forum has always been my first point of getting accurate immigration advice from some of the top professionals. My question that i am looking to get answer for is:

My brother has been employed by a company in the UK, He received his COS letter, applied for the visa and now joined the company like 3 months ago. Now my wife went through a new opening in the same company and they are willing to hire my wife as a full time worker as well. They have secured a defined cos for her. My reservations are IF my wife can apply for the visa to work for the same company. I know two brothers, sisters, son father or immediate family members cannot be hired by the same company anymore but does it applies to the relatives on the second tier as well.

Thanks
Is the company owned by family I.e. you are all related to them.
If not, ain't aware of an employment law against what you described above. Do you mind to share source?

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Re: Employment in the same company for non immediate family member

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 7:50 pm

Thanks for the response mate.
No. The owner is someone else who is not related to us in any way.

Actually one of the lawyer said that to me, then another lawyer said it won't be a problem and be said even two brothers can go to the same company.

So it created more confusion to me and i decided to ask forum members for more clearer opinion.

I also tried to look into guidance notes but coudnt find anything specific on this.