ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application delayed more than 6 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Naturaliztion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalisation application delayed more than 6 months

Post by Naturaliztion » Mon May 13, 2024 9:54 pm

Hello everyone, I have applied for naturalisation on 31/10/23 and submitted my biometrics on 11/11/23. Route tier 2 visa 5 years and ILR 1 year.
I received the atlas update email on 5/4/24 that my application will not be processed in 6 months.
I requested my SARU file on 15/4/24 as per the guidance in the group.
I received my SARU file today. I can see that they have requested criminal checks on 11/11/23 which came back as no match and again on 12/2/24 with no match
I can see on my file that on 17/3/24 there is further action update and it says ‘’ far case moved to xxxxxxx pot’s’
I don’t understand what that means I have searched a lot on internet.
Can some one please tell me what does this mean please.
There is no update since then so I’m thinking that’s where my application is stuck.
I have emailed my mp and have put in a complaint as well yesterday and emailed on the 6 email addresses mentioned on the group.
Can you please advise what does this cmcdonough pot means and if I need to do anything else.
Your help will be much appreciated.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Naturalisation application delayed more than 6 months

Post by contorted_svy » Mon May 13, 2024 10:06 pm

I don't know what that means specifically. In order to chae your application you can pursue the actions I outlined in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=343483

You have already complained and escalated to your MP - in due course you will be able to take more steps.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Naturaliztion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Naturaliztion » Mon May 13, 2024 10:12 pm

Thank you for your prompt reply. I wanted to ask one more question please. On the SARU File there is a AC2 interim response code section and in front of it they have written no objection and in the case stage section they have written application in progress. This update is on 6/5/24 and no update after that on SARU file. Does this mean anything like stage of the application? And AC2 interim response code ?
Secondly I have followed the steps you have mentioned in your post. I have emailed my mp, have put in a complaint and have emailed on all the email addresses mentioned in your post. I have also emailed the migration minister which was also mentioned in one of the posts.
Anything else I can do ??

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue May 14, 2024 8:39 am

I don't know what those comments mean - it means your application is being processed, but I don't really know the nitty griity of it. Mayne other members do.

For now you did everything you could, need to be patient and wait for a response about your complaint.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Tue May 14, 2024 8:56 am

Naturaliztion wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 10:12 pm
Thank you for your prompt reply. I wanted to ask one more question please. On the SARU File there is a AC2 interim response code section and in front of it they have written no objection and in the case stage section they have written application in progress. This update is on 6/5/24 and no update after that on SARU file. Does this mean anything like stage of the application? And AC2 interim response code ?
Secondly I have followed the steps you have mentioned in your post. I have emailed my mp, have put in a complaint and have emailed on all the email addresses mentioned in your post. I have also emailed the migration minister which was also mentioned in one of the posts.
My SAR showed the application stage is "in consideration".
I have seen the wording 'no objection' in my SAR as well but it was under the person check section.

Naturaliztion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Naturaliztion » Tue May 14, 2024 3:55 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 8:39 am
I don't know what those comments mean - it means your application is being processed, but I don't really know the nitty griity of it. Mayne other members do.

For now you did everything you could, need to be patient and wait for a response about your complaint.
Thank you for your reply and advice. I will wait now for the response of my complaint and then follow the further steps in your post.

Naturaliztion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Naturaliztion » Tue May 14, 2024 3:57 pm

Dancull wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 8:56 am
Naturaliztion wrote:
I have seen the wording 'no objection' in my SAR as well but it was under the person check section.
Thank you very much for the information

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Tue May 14, 2024 4:52 pm

Naturaliztion wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 3:57 pm
Dancull wrote:
Naturaliztion wrote:
No worries! I hope good news will come to us soon. I'm reaching 6 months in 4 days. finger crossed

Naturaliztion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Naturaliztion » Wed May 15, 2024 1:41 am

Dancull wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 4:52 pm
Naturaliztion wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 3:57 pm
Dancull wrote:
Naturaliztion wrote:
No worries! I hope good news will come to us soon. I'm reaching 6 months in 4 days. finger crossed
Yes fingers crossed. Hope that we hear the good news soon. I’ll keep on updating here as I have more update or information. If you could also update as well so that i can benefit as well. Thanks a lot

Naturaliztion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Naturaliztion » Sat May 18, 2024 8:58 pm

UPDATE
I received email from MMST and citizen support team that my application is in progress and they are waiting for the outcome of the enquiries. Once the enquiries are complete then they will give an outcome on the application.
I rechecked my whole SAR file to see the enquiries and what I don’t understand is that they have done the enquiries in November which returned back with no objection, again they requested fresh enquiries in December which were returned back with same results, they again requested the enquiries in feb adding my Pakistani ID card details as well, that returned back in start of march as clear, they requested fresh enquiry in march which returned back in April as clear. So I don’t know why are they requesting it again and again… I don’t know what are they trying to find or do… it’s very frustrating to see that in my file and then they emailed me yesterday that enquiries are in progress…. They also mentioned in one of emails that once enquiries are complete then they will allocate my case to a case working team. So I don’t understand what were they doing for 6 months if my case has not even been allocated to a case working team so who will be checking these enquiries ? Which I can see have been requested and completed multiple times… it does not make sense at all unless I’m missing something.. can moderators shed some light please

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Mon May 20, 2024 11:00 am

Naturaliztion wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 8:58 pm
UPDATE
I received email from MMST and citizen support team that my application is in progress and they are waiting for the outcome of the enquiries. Once the enquiries are complete then they will give an outcome on the application.
I rechecked my whole SAR file to see the enquiries and what I don’t understand is that they have done the enquiries in November which returned back with no objection, again they requested fresh enquiries in December which were returned back with same results, they again requested the enquiries in feb adding my Pakistani ID card details as well, that returned back in start of march as clear, they requested fresh enquiry in march which returned back in April as clear. So I don’t know why are they requesting it again and again… I don’t know what are they trying to find or do… it’s very frustrating to see that in my file and then they emailed me yesterday that enquiries are in progress…. They also mentioned in one of emails that once enquiries are complete then they will allocate my case to a case working team. So I don’t understand what were they doing for 6 months if my case has not even been allocated to a case working team so who will be checking these enquiries ? Which I can see have been requested and completed multiple times… it does not make sense at all unless I’m missing something.. can moderators shed some light please
On your SAR, what stage is your application in? Mine showed 'In consideration'.

As far as I know, the check results are valid for 75 days, on my SAR they did the checks about 4 times and the last checks were completed in March. They probably wanted to keep validating the check results until it passed to the caseworker.

Naturaliztion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Naturaliztion » Mon May 20, 2024 11:26 am

Dancull wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 11:00 am
Naturaliztion wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 8:58 pm
UPDATE
On your SAR, what stage is your application in? Mine showed 'In consideration'.

As far as I know, the check results are valid for 75 days, on my SAR they did the checks about 4 times and the last checks were completed in March. They probably wanted to keep validating the check results until it passed to the caseworker.
The case stage on my application in the SAR file said application in consideration and above it there is a section AC2 interim response code- which says no objection

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon May 20, 2024 11:33 am

I would open a complaint and send the SAR results to your MP. It is hard to know their inner workings and what these codes mean but you can start to chase.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Mon May 20, 2024 11:39 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 11:33 am
I would open a complaint and send the SAR results to your MP. It is hard to know their inner workings and what these codes mean but you can start to chase.
Hi contorted_svy, I just emailed the MP and FNE today, do you recommend I open a complaint today as well? I'm worried it might seem pushy and impact the decision-making.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon May 20, 2024 11:44 am

It is within your rights to open a complaint, so I wouldn't worry about looking pushy. You applied and paid for a service that they have standard times to give you an answer by. You are free to open a complaint or not, but I strongly question they would let that affect their decision. Opening a complaint is a way to open more routes for you to chase - once you receive an answer to that, you can request a formal review of it and then with that escalate even further. If I was in your shoes, I would not have too many qualms about opening a complaint.

Naturaliztion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Naturaliztion » Mon May 20, 2024 1:11 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 11:33 am
I have already sent a compliant last week but did not receive a response. I had contacted my MP as well last week with a reply from her office that she is looking into it. As per your advise today I have now sent the SAR result to the MP with the email updating her about the latest communication from home office about pending enquiries.
I’ll update you once I have more updates.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon May 20, 2024 1:14 pm

It may well take a while for them to send you a response to your complaint. You started the process, hopefully they will review your case and come back to you.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Mon May 20, 2024 1:53 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 11:44 am
It is within your rights to open a complaint, so I wouldn't worry about looking pushy. You applied and paid for a service that they have standard times to give you an answer by. You are free to open a complaint or not, but I strongly question they would let that affect their decision. Opening a complaint is a way to open more routes for you to chase - once you receive an answer to that, you can request a formal review of it and then with that escalate even further. If I was in your shoes, I would not have too many qualms about opening a complaint.
Thank you, I have just submitted the complaint, involved MP and emailed the FNE.

I will keep it update when they get back to me.

Taktook1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sudan

Post by Taktook1 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:58 am

I need an advice please regarding SAR.
How Can I request my SAR please, do I need to go to a lawyer please? or just 2 references like in the application?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:06 am

Taktook1 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:58 am
I need an advice please regarding SAR.
How Can I request my SAR please, do I need to go to a lawyer please? or just 2 references like in the application?
You can apply for an SAR yourself - it's your legal right under the Freedom of Information Act - you don't need a lawyer or referees.

The home Office explains everything here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:10 am

Dancull wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 1:53 pm
contorted_svy wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 11:44 am
Thank you, I have just submitted the complaint, involved MP and emailed the FNE.

I will keep it update when they get back to me.
I got the replies from MP and the complaint team,

Unfortunately, MP was told the application was still under 6 months service standard (not sure why they said that), and enquiries are still open. The complaint team couldn't uphold my case.

This second delay is something I had been worried about before I applied since my ILR took a very long time.

I will stop chasing it and leave it to be processed due to my health condition caused by it.

I will keep it updated if any news comes through

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:05 pm

I am sorry to hear that, you could reply with the dates you submitted and attended biometrics to show you are definitely over the 6 months service standard now.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:10 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:05 pm
I am sorry to hear that, you could reply with the dates you submitted and attended biometrics to show you are definitely over the 6 months service standard now.
Thank you contorted_svy, I first contacted MP around early March, and HO replied to MP that I should expect it by the 18th of May (HO gave the exact date surprisingly). I think they are aware of the 6 months lapsed.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:30 pm

Ah yes, it was definitely too early then. If you send the SAR to your MP now, they can chase for you as the 6 months have elapsed.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:38 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:30 pm
Ah yes, it was definitely too early then. If you send the SAR to your MP now, they can chase for you as the 6 months have elapsed.
Will do, thanks for the advice contorted_svy !