ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passports not returned by UKVI

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nightingale66
Newly Registered
Mood:
England

Passports not returned by UKVI

Post by Nightingale66 » Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:35 pm

Dear All,

I will be very grateful if you can help with how to negotiate this issue.

We recently got an extension of Leave to Remain (my child & myself). Two weeks after, we are yet to receive our International passports that were submitted with our application. I sent an email to the Home Office a week ago (I replied to the email sent by UKVI to inform us of the extension), requesting the return of our passports. So far, no response and no passports.

I believe this behaviour on the part of UKVI is callous and irresponsible. We waited several months to get our extension and now the stress of retrieving our passports.

I wonder if anyone has had similar experience? How do we solve this problem please? I will appreciate every guidance please. It does cost money to get replacement passports from my home country.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passports not returned by UKVI

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:45 pm

Not sure why you sent your passports to UKVI.

Did you apply online?

Where did you enroll your biometrics, at UKCVAS?

No original documents are sent to UKVI anymore.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Br28016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Br28016 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:54 am

Two options that I can think off to generate some form of response are:

1. Raise a complaint
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

2. Write to the MP for the area you live in and ask them to query why not returned and where the passports are. You need to get them back not replacements. Unfortunately this may not be as effective and option until after the election but would still consider doing it now. Also when raising a complaint make clear will be raising issue with MP as well.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:59 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.