ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Category B

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

areng2023
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Category B

Post by areng2023 » Wed May 29, 2024 12:30 pm

Hi,

I have a question about CAT B of salaries income. The rules asks for payslips covering any period of employment in the last 12 months. However, if someone had several employments in the last 12 months and say one of them on its own (for example for 8 months) meets the CAT B, does he still need to supply all payslips from the last 12 months?

For example
Current Income: £35K

He had 4 employments in the last 12 months:
in one of them that covers 8 months he received an actual amount of £30K

So, does he need to supply payslips for all employments or only for the current and the above job will be fine?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Category B

Post by AmazonianX » Wed May 29, 2024 1:29 pm

Payslips and account statements covering 12months is what is required not just enough Payslips/account statements showing meeting financial requirements.

areng2023
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by areng2023 » Wed May 29, 2024 2:36 pm

It is a bit strange! could they refuse you for not supplying all payslips despite you meet the both requirements of CAT B?

areng2023
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by areng2023 » Wed May 29, 2024 2:47 pm

Also I found this from Appendix FM 1.7:

"The applicant has to demonstrate and evidence the income and or savings required to meet the level of the financial requirement relevant to their application. They do not need to provide information in the first instance about any income or savings which they and or their partner may have beyond this.

The onus is on the applicant to demonstrate the financial requirement is met in their case. The decision-maker will not generally be expected to make further enquiries or request further information in an effort to establish whether the financial requirement is met"

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed May 29, 2024 11:23 pm

Strange? How do you show meeting the requirements when the specified evidence is not supplied to decision maker?

jhapali
United Kingdom

Post by jhapali » Thu May 30, 2024 12:09 am

Wait, You said 8 months with one employer, is this your current employer? Working for over 6 months with same employer and earning over threshold should put you on category A ( non- salaried employment) even if you don't earn same wages each week or month as long as its above reqired threshold on every pay. That's My understanding. Please correct me if iam wrong here.

areng2023
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by areng2023 » Thu May 30, 2024 6:47 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 11:23 pm
Strange? How do you show meeting the requirements when the specified evidence is not supplied to decision maker?
I am providing the required evidence for those two employments and those two employments meet both conditions of the category B. Yes it is strange in my view that who a visa officer is going to refuse this application when I am meeting both conditions of category B but does not provide the evidence from unnecessary employments.

Have you seen the parts I highlighted from the appendix fm 1.7?

In my view it is an error in the immigration rules (which is not uncommon with UKVI) as the guidance does not talk about all employments. Only those that meet the requirements.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:49 am

areng2023 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 12:30 pm
Hi,

I have a question about CAT B of salaries income. The rules asks for payslips covering any period of employment in the last 12 months. However, if someone had several employments in the last 12 months and say one of them on its own (for example for 8 months) meets the CAT B, does he still need to supply all payslips from the last 12 months?

For example
Current Income: £35K

He had 4 employments in the last 12 months:
in one of them that covers 8 months he received an actual amount of £30K

So, does he need to supply payslips for all employments or only for the current and the above job will be fine?
All the payslips and the corresponding bank statements to evidence receipt for the "above job" should be fine.

You may choose not to provide details for all previous employment but should provide all payslips for the one/ones you choose to include, for the relevant period - the previous 12 months.

And 12 months does not necessarily mean 12 payslips or its weekly or other equivalent.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."