ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for baby born in UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TechITLondon
Newly Registered
India

ILR for baby born in UK

Post by TechITLondon » Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:14 pm

I am the main applicant and came to UK with Tier 1 Visa and my wife joined with me later as dependant.
We both have now ILR.

Baby was born here in UK and currently baby is having 'Leave to Remain' visa. Now we want to apply ILR for our child. I have few queries for applying ILR for my baby.

Queries:
1. Which form we need to use for apply ILR as our child is born in UK SET(O) or SET(M)?
2. Current 'Leave to Remain' for baby is valid till 25-November-2024, can we apply now in June-2024 or i have to wait till 28 days before 25-November-2024 to apply for ILR?
3. If we apply now in June-2024, can baby travel outside UK while the decision is made or Not to travel until ILR is approved?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for baby born in UK

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:54 pm

The child can be registered as Britain on form MN1 and does NOT need ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TechITLondon
Newly Registered
India

Post by TechITLondon » Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:08 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, child can be registered as British but I don't want to get in to that route to apply for British Citizenship as i am planning to leave UK in another 4 years.

As me and wife are in ILR status, i want ILR for our child too.

Queries:
1. Which form we need to use for apply ILR as our child is born in UK SET(O) or SET(M)?
2. Current 'Leave to Remain' for baby is valid till 25-November-2024, can we apply now in June-2024 or i have to wait till 28 days before 25-November-2024 to apply for ILR?
3. If we apply now in June-2024, can baby travel outside UK while the decision is made or Not to travel until ILR is approved?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:38 am

TechITLondon wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:08 pm
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, child can be registered as British but I don't want to get in to that route to apply for British Citizenship as i am planning to leave UK in another 4 years.

As me and wife are in ILR status, i want ILR for our child too.

Queries:
The child can be registered as British, without any of the parents becoming British. If you want ILR for the child, then the child could have already been included in the ILR application of the parent who settled last. Why did you not do that ??

1. None of them, use form SET(F)
2. The child's visa expiry is irrelevant. A child can settle when both parents settle.
3. When you have a pending immigration application, you should NOT leave the UK. Otherwise, the application will be considered automatically withdrawn
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice