ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for British Citizenship via Naturalization Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shahidone
Newly Registered

Applying for British Citizenship via Naturalization Process

Post by Shahidone » Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:57 pm

Dear Admin,

I am applying for British Citizenship for my wife and need your assistance with the following matters:

Address History of the Past 5 Years: My wife has been living with me for over 10 years ( I , the main applicant, became British citizen in the year 2018), and we are applying for citizenship via the 5-year route. Unfortunately, I do not have council tax bills saved for the past 5 years. Could you advise what other documents can be submitted as proof of address?

Referee Details: We obtained the signatures from the referees a month ago. Is it acceptable to submit these, or do we need to have new referee forms filled out?

Evidence of English Language Ability: We received a certification from NARIC confirming English language eligibility in 2017 for ILR purposes. The Naturalization application form mentions needing a letter from Ecctis. Do we need to reapply and obtain a certificate from Ecctis? I believe Ecctis was formerly known as NARIC.

Could you please review and respond to these queries?

Best regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for British Citizenship via Naturalization Process

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:59 pm

You don't require address proof!! You need proof of residence, which is all stamped pages of the passport(s).

Fine for referees.

Naric should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shahidone
Newly Registered

Post by Shahidone » Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:59 pm
You don't require address proof!! You need proof of residence, which is all stamped pages of the passport(s).
Could you please clarify this further? My wife holds an Indian passport, so she cannot use it as proof of residence. Are you saying that I can provide the stamped pages of my (the main applicant's) British passport?

Also, can you clarify whether I can submit my British passport along with her application? One of the pages in my passport (opposite the photo page) is half-torn, so I am unsure if I need to apply for a new passport before submission

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:29 pm

Could you please clarify this further? My wife holds an Indian passport, so she cannot use it as proof of residence. Are you saying that I can provide the stamped pages of my (the main applicant's) British passport?
It is HER passport stamps to prove residence. Not your passport! She is the applicant, not you.
Also, can you clarify whether I can submit my British passport along with her application? One of the pages in my passport (opposite the photo page) is half-torn, so I am unsure if I need to apply for a new passport before submission
Fine but you also need to quite and out your naturalisation certificate details. It is the certificate that proves your British status, a passport is just a travel document. Also, original documents re not submitted you submit digital scan copies.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:43 am

Shahidone wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:09 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:59 pm

Thanks
Why can she not use her Indian passport as proof of residence? Of course she can.

Your passport won't be required, but you need to attach your certificate of naturalisation and marriage certificate to your wife's application.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Shahidone
Newly Registered

Post by Shahidone » Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:47 am

Thank you so much for your expert advises, CR001 and contorted_svy..

kind Regards !