ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referees - Profession List

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zafran1
Iran

Referees - Profession List

Post by zafran1 » Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:03 pm

1./ The referee list of professions is a bit unclear
Manager/Personnel officer -> Is this anyone in a senior position
Personal Licensee Holders - What's the license about?
Broker - Equities, real estate?

2./ Being in finance the referees i would get are all FCA registered but there are no explicitly listed professions. They are also LLP members but not directors of a company.

3./ One is a former broker in equities but not real estate and currently semi retired.

4./ Can one put more than 1 referee?

TheHappyChicken
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Referees - Profession List

Post by TheHappyChicken » Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:02 pm

zafran1 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:03 pm
1./ The referee list of professions is a bit unclear
Manager/Personnel officer -> Is this anyone in a senior position "director, manager or personnel officer of a VAT-registered company" and "manager or personnel officer of a limited company".
Personal Licensee Holders - What's the license about? The closest things I can find to this was "licensee of a public house", which would be a pub landlord or landlady.
Broker - Equities, real estate? "financial services intermediary, for example a stockbroker or insurance broker"

2./ Being in finance the referees i would get are all FCA registered but there are no explicitly listed professions. They are also LLP members but not directors of a company.
As above.

3./ One is a former broker in equities but not real estate and currently semi retired. "Your countersignatory must either: work in (or be retired from) a recognised profession". I could not find any reference to anything real estate.

4./ Can one put more than 1 referee? "Your application must be endorsed by 2 referees. One referee can be of any nationality but must be a professional person. The other referee must be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25."
My quotes are taken from the Guide AN and the professional person link within.
As you did have any responses, I thought I would try and help with the information from the official documentation. Hope it some how helps you.

Further reads: