ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will time count for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Saber22
Newly Registered
England

Will time count for ILR

Post by Saber22 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:36 pm

Hello,

I hope that anyone can help me out to understand what is the best option for me and family.

I arrived to the uk with my spouse on student visa on Jan2019, two and half years later on May 21 she switched to skilled worker and me as her dependent.
In jan 23 I applied for global talent visa and got it.
In jan 24 she joined me as a dependent on GTV.

The question now, when I apply in Jan 26 for the Ilr, will she be eligible for it as she completed more than 7 years together or not. What is my best option in this complicated circumstance?

Thanks for your time spent reading and helping out.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Will time count for ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:50 pm

The question now, when I apply in Jan 26 for the Ilr, What is my best option in this complicated circumstance?
No, she does not qualify for ILR when you do. She needs 5 years on a dependent visa. She cannot combine her visas to make up 5 years for ILR. She can only do that for ILR based on 10 years residence. She will need an extension if her current visa expires before she qualifies for ILR.
In jan 24 she joined me as a dependent on GTV.
She needs 5 years as your dependent from the date her dependent visa was granted.
will she be eligible for it as she completed more than 7 years together or not
There is no '7 year route' for her and her combination of visas excludes the 5 year route too.

It would have been simpler if she had stayed on her own Skilled Worker visa to qualify for ILR in May 2026.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Saber22
Newly Registered
England

Post by Saber22 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:57 pm

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately, she had to change jobs and it wasn’t easy to get one without a sponsor.

Another question please, if she convinced her employer to sponsor her, will the previous tier 2 time count or not ?

All the best.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:13 pm

if she convinced her employer to sponsor her, will the previous tier 2 time count or not ?
No, each time she changes from main visa holder to dependent or vice versa, her 5 year ilr clock resets. So if she changes back to skilled worker visa, the previous time on that visa doesn't count for 5 years ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Saber22
Newly Registered
England

Post by Saber22 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:16 pm

Thanks so much for your time responding to my questions :o