ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of address while citizenship application is in process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adbadshah
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Change of address while citizenship application is in process

Post by adbadshah » Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:58 am

Hi all, I wanted to know what is the best action to take for a change of address during a citizenship application in process. I had no intention to move but have had to, within the same city. It’s been 2 months since I applied for citizenship - is it better to inform UKVI or should I redirect mail and wait it out for a couple of months? As the council will remain the same. I don’t want to delay the process any further so unsure if an address update will do that? Thanks for your advice!

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Change of address while citizenship application is in process

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:21 pm

You can use these email addresses

furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

to let UKVI know. I'd say it's not likely it has an impact on your application, but you do need to let UKVI know about a change of address, so even if it resulted in a delay, better safe than sorry.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

adbadshah
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Change of address while citizenship application is in process

Post by adbadshah » Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:13 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:21 pm
You can use these email addresses

furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

to let UKVI know. I'd say it's not likely it has an impact on your application, but you do need to let UKVI know about a change of address, so even if it resulted in a delay, better safe than sorry.

Thank you! I will update the change of address online and send an email to one of the addresses above.