ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp4 Eufam expiring and Separated

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Turkey77
Newly Registered
South Africa

Stamp4 Eufam expiring and Separated

Post by Turkey77 » Mon May 13, 2024 12:23 pm

My current Stamp 4 eufam is expiring in August. I am separated from the UK passport holder. Both of us still reside in Ireland. I never informed the department about my marraige status - no reason, just didnt think about it. We have 3 children all with Irish passports. I am unsure what my next steps are. What permission / stamp do I need to apply for before my current stamp expires? My ex and I are on good terms, so if need be he can sign / provide info / accompany me to appointments if need be. Please help, I'm panicking slightly.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Stamp4 Eufam expiring and Separated

Post by meself2 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:41 pm

Turkey77 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 12:23 pm
I never informed the department about my marraige status
You should.

How.long have you been living together and in Ireland?

Most likely you will need to apply for retention (EUTR5) and then get another card via EUTR3 (although they might give a Stamp 4 now, because Brexit).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Brpandu
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Brpandu » Thu May 30, 2024 11:29 pm

Hi Turkeyy77

Sorry to hear about your separation!

I went through a similar situation. I transitioned my Stamp 4 EUFam to a Stamp 4 based on the parentage of an Irish child. Since your children are Irish citizens, you can apply for a Stamp 4 based on the parentage of an Irish citizen child. Please inform the Garda, and they will guide you on the next steps. I applied to INIS using this form: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... n-Form.pdf

You can find more details here: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/my-situ ... zen-child/

For my application, I included a cover letter explaining that I am employed and only had 2 weeks before my stamp expired. Within 10 days, I received an approval letter. Hope this helps

frmenino88
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by frmenino88 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:29 am

Hello. Similar situation here. Please, need an advice. I am Brazilian woman who married EU citizen in October 2022 (1 year and 7 months). I got my Stamp4 EUFAM last August(10 months) granted for 5 years. The things are not going well. We are not together anymore and he has moved to live in another house.
My questions are:
1.What will happen if we don´t divorce till my Stamp expire, will I can renew it without him?
2.What will happen If he files for divorce?
3.What will happen if he inform the immigration that the relationships is broken down, we are separated and we don´t live together anymore?
Can he make anything to revoke my resident permission before it´s expired itself?
I don´t have any of his documents and we did not have bank accounts together.
Other thing, we got married in Denmark, can he divorce me from there faster than in Ireland as here we need to be separated for 2 years fist before we can divorce?

Thank you in advance for any help.