ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Skilled to GTV Dependent

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mujtaba
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ILR Skilled to GTV Dependent

Post by Mujtaba » Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:33 pm

Dear All,
I am on Skilled worker Visa tier-2 (Since Sept 2023) and I got endorsement for GTV. I will apply for GTV soon.
1. Do I need to apply for my dependents (Wife and children) as well? there visa will expire in Sept 2028, as I have 5 Yrs tier-2 visa.

2. If I only apply for my visa, then after 3 Yrs (Tier 2 + GTV) I will apply for ILR, right?

3. And in Sept 2028, when my dependents will apply for ILR, will it be an issue that I moved from Tier 2 to GTV?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Skilled to GTV Dependent

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:31 pm

Mujtaba wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:33 pm
Dear All,
I am on Skilled worker Visa tier-2 (Since Sept 2023) and I got endorsement for GTV. I will apply for GTV soon.
1. Do I need to apply for my dependents (Wife and children) as well? there visa will expire in Sept 2028, as I have 5 Yrs tier-2 visa. No

2. If I only apply for my visa, then after 3 Yrs (Tier 2 + GTV) I will apply for ILR, right? Yes

3. And in Sept 2028, when my dependents will apply for ILR, will it be an issue that I moved from Tier 2 to GTV? No

Mujtaba
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mujtaba » Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:59 am

Thanks for the response!

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:11 pm

Regarding 2) and 3) also note that these are the current immigration rules. You are still a few years away from ILR so there's no guarantee the same will apply at the time.

There are general elections in the UK in a few weeks and migration (and more changes to the current rules) is one of the key topics in the campaign.