ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Additional payment requested for IHS fees [dependant partner]

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bakr_1980
Newly Registered
Egypt

Additional payment requested for IHS fees [dependant partner]

Post by bakr_1980 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:50 am

My skilled worker visa was canceled because my employer sponsor's license was lapsed, and the same thing happened to my family – all their visas as dependant were canceled as well. To resolve the situation, a new sponsor license was obtained with a new Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS). I started by renewing my skilled worker visa and then applied for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), both of which were successful.

Now, I'm trying to do the same for my wife. Following advice from a solicitor, we applied for her visa first, paid the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) and visa fees. However, I received an email stating that we need to top up the IHS payment to cover three years, even though that's not necessary. I paid only one year's worth of IHS fees for myself, so I'm unsure why they are asking for three years' worth for my wife.

The email was sent:

A change has been made to the details you provided. You need to pay an additional payment of 2070.0 (GBP) by 18 June 2024.

Total Liability 1035.00 (GBP) 3105.00 (GBP)
Payments Received 1035.00 (GBP)
Balance Outstanding 2070.00 (GBP)

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Abu

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Additional payment requested for IHS fees [dependant partner]

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:54 am

Because for your dependent it is a 3 year extension once the main visa holder gets ilr, as dictated by the Immigration Rules.

You cannot choose to pay for less, it is 3 years and there is no discretion.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bakr_1980
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by bakr_1980 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:33 am

Thank you so much for your quick response, my wife is going to apply for the ilR shortly after she gets her visa, are there anyway to claim refund for the extra 2 years that was added?

Thanks again!

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:54 am
Because for your dependent it is a 3 year extension once the main visa holder gets ilr, as dictated by the Immigration Rules.

You cannot choose to pay for less, it is 3 years and there is no discretion.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:39 am

are there anyway to claim refund for the extra 2 years that was added?
No. Ihs is not refunded if you apply for ILR, this is clearly stated on ukvi website. It is not compulsory to apply for ILR at exactly 5 years if you still have a valid visa.

You have been better off waiting for all the skilled worker dependent visa applications to be approved before you applied for your ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.