ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO requesting info which i have already provided

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alid88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

HO requesting info which i have already provided

Post by Alid88 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:15 am

Applied for Sar! Came back with many inbound dates missing especially those made by train and ferry.
Not sure why is that!! Applied for BC and the Ho requested dates when i was in and out of uk as well as evidence of continuous residency, knowing that i have provided all these in my initial application.

Pn: i dont get stamps when i travel since am an EU fam member.

Enzo2995
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: HO requesting info which i have already provided

Post by Enzo2995 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:46 am

Alid88 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:15 am
Applied for Sar! Came back with many inbound dates missing especially those made by train and ferry.
Not sure why is that!! Applied for BC and the Ho requested dates when i was in and out of uk as well as evidence of continuous residency, knowing that i have provided all these in my initial application.

Hi there,
HO normally have the dates when you travel in and out of the country, but they want to compare what you provide with their records. if you believe you have provided all the dates then you can come back to them and confirm this.

Regarding your continuous residency, what evidences did you provide? if you have worked formally and paid tax in the past 5 years, they easily see this by using your National Insurance Number. alternatively you can provide letters from your employers with the contract etc.

Wishing you best of lucks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:55 am

To cut the back and forth, provide and send it to them. You may mentioned that this was already provided by you.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:12 pm

Enzo2995 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:46 am
Alid88 wrote:

Hi there,
HO normally have the dates when you travel in and out of the country, but they want to compare what you provide with their records. if you believe you have provided all the dates then you can come back to them and confirm this.

Regarding your continuous residency, what evidences did you provide? if you have worked formally and paid tax in the past 5 years, they easily see this by using your National Insurance Number. alternatively you can provide letters from your employers with the contract etc.

Applicants have to provide evidence of continuous residence themselves (for nationals of countries whose passport didn't get stamped, this is usually P60s or government letters). HO won't cross check NIN data for.citizenship.applications.

Sar results can be incomplete. If you have better records of your travels suggest you send those (a spreadsheet with dates will be fine) as well as the SAR to the query you received from the HO.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Alid88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by Alid88 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:20 pm

Hello,

Its actually their record that i have based my dates on since i had a lot of short trips due to work, it was difficult to recall all dates (most of my trips were made by train)
I m not sure if the info they have on their Subject data report is all what they hold or not???

Regarding evidence of continuous residence i v included the following ( some utility bills, tv licenses, tax free ré returns, tenancy agreements, bank statements, dvla letters, car insurance policies …)

Enzo2995
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Enzo2995 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:17 pm

I think that's why they are asking for the dates from your own knowledge as you had relied on their data. when you travel abroad either by plane or train, the airlines or train companies generally give your travel dates to the immigration border office no matter if you got an stamp on your passport or not. you need to retrieve all the travel dates through your tickets (you should be able to find them on your emails). I know it's hard, it took me quite a few hours to find them all.

The preferred evidence of residency is either letters from your employers, your signed work contracts and copy of passports with stamps. The HO has clearly stated on the guidance that tenancy agreements and bills are not solely sufficient. You can also attach a letter from HMRC showing your tax records (you can download this online). They do cross check your tax records too if they want to. That's why you put your NIN on your online application.

Enzo2995
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Enzo2995 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:21 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:12 pm
Enzo2995 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:46 am
Alid88 wrote:

Hi there,

Applicants have to provide evidence of continuous residence themselves (for nationals of countries whose passport didn't get stamped, this is usually P60s or government letters). HO won't cross check NIN data for.citizenship.applications.

Sar results can be incomplete. If you have better records of your travels suggest you send those (a spreadsheet with dates will be fine) as well as the SAR to the query you received from the HO.
They do cross check NIN data. that's how they find out if you were working more hours than allowed hours (ex for international students) through HMRC tax records.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:26 pm

Yes, but it doesn't mean that they use it as evidence that the applicant was residing in the UK. The applicant must provide proof independent of that.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Enzo2995
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Enzo2995 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:47 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:26 pm
Yes, but it doesn't mean that they use it as evidence that the applicant was residing in the UK. The applicant must provide proof independent of that.
Yes, you are right. Solely it's not an evidence but it's a strong supporting evidence that should match with employment letters and contract.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:44 pm

Yes, but applicants must provide their evidence rather than relying on the HO cross checking NIN records.

Alid88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by Alid88 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:03 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:44 pm
Yes, but applicants must provide their evidence rather than relying on the HO cross checking NIN records.
The thing is that i already provided tax returns letters along side other evidence. It seems like they have not even checked the docs

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:11 pm

Your application may take as long as you want it. If it's not being touched and you are being asked for some docs. Provide it and dee what it kick starts towards progressing the application.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sat Jun 08, 2024 12:47 pm

I suggest you send the requested evidence rather than making it a matter of principle that would stall the application. We don't know their inner workings and why they asked. Maybe send them the SA 302 forms too.