ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received SAR for travel dates, basic information missing

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JeremyG
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Received SAR for travel dates, basic information missing

Post by JeremyG » Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:23 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:30 pm
SAR results are notoriously incomplete.
Is it meant to be only commercial carrier data (complete or not) and nothing on entrances to the UK? Or did I just fall between the cracks on this one?

Do case workers have the same data as SAR?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:43 pm

Personally I don't know how HO stores/records data or what a caseworker will have access to. Could be the same data you got from the SAR or more. Hard to say.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

JeremyG
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by JeremyG » Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:52 am

As my BC application is in process, and having gone over my SAR and discovering new data, I want to send an update message to the case worker What is the process for this?

I applied under three-year route, but having compiled now my 5 year route travel, I would like to (politely) offer the HO to consider the 5 year route if they deem it useful

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:08 pm

No need to do that. It possibly wouldn't even be read by the case worker. If they need more documents they will contact you, you supplied everything you needed to. Did you indicate you were applying under Section 6(1) or 6(2)? You have to pick one, I imagine you picked the 3 year route as it was more convenient to you. Unless you realised it would be much better to be considered under Section 6(1) I would advise not to introduce more confusion in the mix by "offering" them another route.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Enzo2995
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Enzo2995 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:38 pm

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:23 pm
contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:30 pm
SAR results are notoriously incomplete.
Is it meant to be only commercial carrier data (complete or not) and nothing on entrances to the UK? Or did I just fall between the cracks on this one?

Do case workers have the same data as SAR?
Hi.

Based on my personal experience, HO is informed by commercial carrier, ex. airline, once you enter/leave the country. So i am assuming that if you don't get a stamp then commercial carrier data is the only data HO have.

JeremyG
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by JeremyG » Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:33 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:08 pm
No need to do that. It possibly wouldn't even be read by the case worker. If they need more documents they will contact you, you supplied everything you needed to. Did you indicate you were applying under Section 6(1) or 6(2)? You have to pick one, I imagine you picked the 3 year route as it was more convenient to you. Unless you realised it would be much better to be considered under Section 6(1) I would advise not to introduce more confusion in the mix by "offering" them another route.
Exactly, after getting the SAR, I realize the section 6(1) route might be better for me, so want to politely suggest that they consider that route. And my question is how do you send additional information after application? If they don't see it or disregard it is irrelevant.

In the discretion, it already talk about how the caseworker can consider different travel timelines if it helps the applicant (the example given, is if they were outside the UK on the day of application, but had they applied a few days later they would be OK)

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:52 pm

I guess you need to send an email with additional evidence, attach a cover note and try your luck. Though I should add, if you know you have been out of the UK and are basing switching route on the fact that the HO won't find out, it is a gamble that you are not necessarily going to win.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:55 pm

You can email the following addresses:

furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk
NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

Also note that them exercising discretion towards an applicant who was out of the country on the day 5 years prior to the application (and eg back the following week) isn't the same that them switching routes depending on what is more convenient for the applicant. It is worth a shot if the outlook is better, but as I said above not guaranteed to work.

JeremyG
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by JeremyG » Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:32 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:52 pm
I guess you need to send an email with additional evidence, attach a cover note and try your luck. Though I should add, if you know you have been out of the UK and are basing switching route on the fact that the HO won't find out, it is a gamble that you are not necessarily going to win.
1. I don't play the "HO won't find out game" or even get near it, I declare everything I know and point out any doubts if there are.
2. I was clearly in the UK 3 years and 5 years before applying (should I show evidence? local purchases on my debit card?, photos with my kids in front of a waitrose ? their SARU clearly shows I was in the UK)
3. I applied based on 3 years because my 3 year data was clearer to me (e.g. frequent flyer accounts keep 1-3 years not 5 years).
4. I have gone over ,every calender, mail with the words "flight", "Ferry" Hotel", "British airways" etc, And my assistant kept a log for me in the first place (but with errors, e.g. assuming my take off day was my landing day or missing a short private weekend break)
5. I wanted some government verification so asked for the SARU, while it is missing a lot of info, or has wrong info (I change flights all the time so if carrier data my show a flight I didn't take or changed its date). it came after I applied
6. The SARU (with its limitations) helped fill a few pieces of the puzzle (it confirmed my 3 years route application, in fact I was 2 days less outside the UK than I declared, I erred to be conservative against me, makes no difference, to the days of threshold limits)
7. BUT it filled pieces of the travel puzzle of 3-5 years ago (that I wasn't confident to send when I applied) but I am now confident of my 5 years travel.
8. my 5 years route is beyond the thresholds, but is "usually offered discretion level" (over 90 last 12 less than 450) my 3 year route "needs a bit more discretion of unavoidable consequence of my job" hence I will send this to the home office, with a polite explanation, evidence and all truthfully. Can't see how it hurts

JeremyG
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by JeremyG » Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:40 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:55 pm
You can email the following addresses:

NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk
NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

Also note that them exercising discretion towards an applicant who was out of the country on the day 5 years prior to the application (and eg back the following week) isn't the same that them switching routes depending on what is more convenient for the applicant. It is worth a shot if the outlook is better, but as I said above not guaranteed to work.
Fully understand that it is not the same, it was just an example that they "are looking to help find a way when the travel as applied doesn't work" vs " looking for a way to say no"). And yes worth a shot.

should I email all 5 addresses or choose one? Can I ask for confirmation of receipt? thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:58 pm

I suggest you email all 5 addresses, you can ask for a confirmation of receipt but little assurance you will receive one. I did say "IF you know you have been away", as you know the dates and can prove your trips you can try that.