ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions on AN and MN1 forms

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Questions on AN and MN1 forms

Post by contorted_svy » Thu May 02, 2024 7:44 pm

Must be dated before submission date.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

nuaaxiayu
United Kingdom

Post by nuaaxiayu » Fri Jun 07, 2024 6:48 pm

Thank you very much Contorted_svy, and sorry for my late reply.

Another question regarding the AN and MN1 forms is that the forms ask for our referee's profession as:

"What is their profession?"

Do you or anyone know how to answer this question please? We found a referee who is a Chartered Engineer and member of a professional body, and their job is an Electrical Engineer and Manager, so should we put "Chartered Engineer", "Member of the xxx professional body", or "Electrical Engineer & Manager" in our AN & MN1 forms as the referee's profession? The word limit of the text box does not allow us to put all of the above info into it.

Thank you again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 6:50 pm

"Electrical Engineer & Manager
This one, even just 'Electrical Engineer' is fine. It clearly asks for Profession, not Professional Body Registration etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nuaaxiayu
United Kingdom

Post by nuaaxiayu » Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:27 pm

Dear CR001,

Thank you for your prompt response, much appreciated! If we only put the referee's profession (e.g., Electrical Engineer) in the form as you suggested, how could we justify the referee is also a Chartered Engineer and member of a professional body, which meets the requirements for being a referee? Or would home office verify this themselves by checking/contacting the referee?

Thanks again.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jun 08, 2024 7:36 am

nuaaxiayu wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:27 pm
Dear CR001,

Thank you for your prompt response, much appreciated! If we only put the referee's profession (e.g., Electrical Engineer) in the form as you suggested, how could we justify the referee is also a Chartered Engineer and member of a professional body, which meets the requirements for being a referee? Or would home office verify this themselves by checking/contacting the referee?

Thanks again.
If required HO knows how to verify. Just endeavour to answer what is asked, providing superfluous information does not help.

nuaaxiayu
United Kingdom

Post by nuaaxiayu » Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:43 pm

Thank you very much AmazonianX!

Another question regarding HMRC self assessment - I am not self-employed and therefore not required to submit any self assessments. However I was told recently that I need to file one now due to the child benefit my partner is currently receiving on behalf of our children, as I am the higher earning parent. So should I file this self-assessment before we applying for our naturalization please? Or is it not relevant to our coming naturalization applications (via AN forms)?

Thank you again.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:27 pm

Child benefit assessment has no impact on naturalisation - there are no financial requirments for the application.
Also it's not the same as self-employment self-assessment, just to make sure there is no misunderstanding.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.