ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Seeking advice...

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

usman_de
Newly Registered

Seeking advice...

Post by usman_de » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:05 pm

Dear All,
Iam a non-EU Passport holder, currently a student in germany, i would like to know, would possibilities do i have, if i in the future wanted a permanent resident status in any EU Country, iam planning to do a masters degree program, now i know this for a fact doing masters degree in germany entitles me to a job search visa of 3 years but that doesnt guarantee PR status, which would only be possible if i found an employment inside germany, so there would be a remote chance but its quite distant and would require a lot of patience, could there be any better way of perhaps doing masters in some other country where laws provide better incentives for student status. I know one thing for a fact that till some time back Belgium offered naturalization of 5 years on student, but ever since the european union been made, policies for non-EU citizens have become stricter.

any suggestions or even an insight into laws in different countries would be very informative & would be appreciated by many.

with regards,
M.Usman

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Seeking advice...

Post by sakura » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:04 am

usman_de wrote:Dear All,
Iam a non-EU Passport holder, currently a student in germany, i would like to know, would possibilities do i have, if i in the future wanted a permanent resident status in any EU Country, iam planning to do a masters degree program, now i know this for a fact doing masters degree in germany entitles me to a job search visa of 3 years but that doesnt guarantee PR status, which would only be possible if i found an employment inside germany, so there would be a remote chance but its quite distant and would require a lot of patience, could there be any better way of perhaps doing masters in some other country where laws provide better incentives for student status. I know one thing for a fact that till some time back Belgium offered naturalization of 5 years on student, but ever since the european union been made, policies for non-EU citizens have become stricter.

any suggestions or even an insight into laws in different countries would be very informative & would be appreciated by many.

with regards,
M.Usman
You get a job search visa for three years? So why not stay in Germany then?

lifeart

Post by lifeart » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:02 am

You do not, in fact qualify in this case for a three year "job search visa" in Germany. It is only one year. After one year you must have found a job in your field, a job that requires you to have the qualifications gained in your course of study. If not, you are out of luck, unless you can get admittance because you have a job offer for which no EU-citizen can be found, or are married to a EU-citizen.