ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If college turns out to be fake

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kappa1
Newly Registered

If college turns out to be fake

Post by Kappa1 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:42 pm

I want to ask something about PSW rejection. Here is the situation. PSW Application has been rejected and HO says that student used fake documents (college didn't verify them) and used deception (which is a criminal offense?). If student go for appeal (HO has given right to appeal) and in the mean time college turns out to be fake then does it mean that deception blame will be on college not student. Of course for that student needs to go to solicitor who will present the case in a way so if college is proved to be on fault student would continue their course, may be from some other genuine college/university.

Any advice or your suggestion will be much appreciated.

S_hope
Newly Registered

Re: If college turns out to be fake

Post by S_hope » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:46 pm

Which college? As CCL is closed down.

Kappa1 wrote:I want to ask something about PSW rejection. Here is the situation. PSW Application has been rejected and HO says that student used fake documents (college didn't verify them) and used deception (which is a criminal offense?). If student go for appeal (HO has given right to appeal) and in the mean time college turns out to be fake then does it mean that deception blame will be on college not student. Of course for that student needs to go to solicitor who will present the case in a way so if college is proved to be on fault student would continue their course, may be from some other genuine college/university.

Any advice or your suggestion will be much appreciated.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:16 pm

If the college was closed because it was bogus or the certificates it issued are fake then no matter what the lawyer says the case will be dismissed.
PSW will not be granted and the existing leave will have expired or be curtailed. There is not a hope in hell of success with this.

As for who used deception - that is the student. If they claim a qualification from a bogus college they know the college is bogus as they will not have attended or even taken the exams. There will be a report from UKBA put into the court bundle telling the court exactly what happened before & when it was raided. The report will be damming and show that for x number of days the college was watched and only 20 people attended although there are 300 on the books. There will be computer records showing that 254 attended over the same number of days, teacher taught classes with 20 people six times a day etc.... the whole scam will unpeel like a banana - good night and bye bye.

You have not got a hope.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:40 am

Frontier Mole wrote:If the college was closed because it was bogus or the certificates it issued are fake then no matter what the lawyer says the case will be dismissed.
PSW will not be granted and the existing leave will have expired or be curtailed. There is not a hope in hell of success with this.

As for who used deception - that is the student. If they claim a qualification from a bogus college they know the college is bogus as they will not have attended or even taken the exams. There will be a report from UKBA put into the court bundle telling the court exactly what happened before & when it was raided. The report will be damming and show that for x number of days the college was watched and only 20 people attended although there are 300 on the books. There will be computer records showing that 254 attended over the same number of days, teacher taught classes with 20 people six times a day etc.... the whole scam will unpeel like a banana - good night and bye bye.

You have not got a hope.
Jeez!

So from this it's safe to assume that the majority of students in these dodgy colleges knew the score all along? And all these woe-is-me folks bleating on here about how it's not their fault are well and truly kippered up!

You pay for what you get - we paid about 20k for a proper uni course and now we have a PSW visa with no problem whatsoever.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:05 am

I have heard it all and see it all. Even some students sleeping with the college owners to get their PGD. There is nothing as strange as "students" and what drivel they will say and do to get their stay in the UK.
Those that come to study and get caught up in a bogus college scam I do feel sorry for. Not many go to UKBA with their stories though! Seems to point to what you want is what you get.

There is an expectation that there will be 100's of colleges that will not be granted a licence under PBS and there are possibly a 1,000+ suspect colleges.

When these colleges get busted there will be a minimal number of real students. A student with half a brain will very quickly realise that the "education" they are getting is more about how to scam the system than getting a proper qualification. A good number know exactly what they are getting for their money. It is amazing how many of the big employers are happy to go along with the lies they are feed - "I am in my dissertation assessment period so can work full time" is a favourite one.

The £10K pop fines are starting to hurt, my local supermarket managers crap themselves even if I go into buy my groceries. At least the staff they have now do not make a run for the exits.

salam123

Post by salam123 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:46 pm

Hi

F M can u able to give me some update?

My Name is

Md Shariar Alam

My friend Name is

Tanim Ahmad

Thank you very much in advance.......

Quality Street
Newly Registered

Post by Quality Street » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:23 pm

A few days ago I saw a programme based with Immigration at a airport and a gentleman was stopped, he produced certificates and the IO investigated them and it turned out his attendance was no existent because he had been working as a taxi driver, Immigration found this out because they phoned a relative, and the college had 'fixed' his attendance for price of around £500.

They said the college would be investigated.