ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremony - cannot book

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lady887
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Citizenship ceremony - cannot book

Post by Lady887 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:12 am

It's been a week since I received an approval email from Home Office (ceremony invitation).

But still cannot book a ceremony on Camden council website.
Data cannot be found.

Should I wait for some other email?
Called them today, they don't know much.

Does everyone have some delay usually? I thought everyone is able to book a ceremony relatively quickly.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Citizenship ceremony - cannot book

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:50 am

When the council receives your certificate you will be able to book the ceremony - if they don't get it within a week or so you can try to contact UKVI about it. It has happened that the certificates have been delayed in the mail, or lost.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

secret.simon

Re: Citizenship ceremony - cannot book

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:52 am

Have you tried popping over to their (physical) office and see if you can have a chat with somebody?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.