ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor letter - Contents and detail of dates of annual leave

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nemesis311
Newly Registered

Sponsor letter - Contents and detail of dates of annual leave

Post by Nemesis311 » Wed May 29, 2024 8:20 pm

Hi all,

As I'm getting closer to apply for ILR coming in June this year. I've started discussing with my employer about getting the respective letter confirming I'm needed for the foreseeable future.

As I have read this in full thanks to the great contribution of Zimba, All you need to know about the sponsor letter for Skilled Worker route

My employer and HR is happy to produce a letter aligned for this purpose. But, during one of my trips abroad, my manager agreed for me to work remotely for a few days, but ultimately, they don't want to disclose that they allowed that within my details abroad, they instead prefer for me to say that I just took annual leave. Which I'm fine with that.

My concern is, considering that I switched jobs during 2020 to my current employer during that year, if Home Office where to check that my remaining annual leave with my current employer is to be X days and actually it looks that I took more (x+y days) than I was entitled with, I wonder if that would be a problem ultimately.

Or, in this case, would it be best if I just ask my employer to provide the statement in the letter just mentioning that all my absences from the UK have been duly approved and confirmed?

Please provide advice, thanks!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Sponsor letter - Contents and detail of dates of annual leave

Post by AmazonianX » Wed May 29, 2024 11:48 pm

That is simply what is required - a letter stating that all your absences were authorised.
No need going into where you went to, what you used the ti.e for, no such indepth details required.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Sponsor letter - Contents and detail of dates of annual leave

Post by zimba » Thu May 30, 2024 1:21 am

There is no rule that restricts you to only time off within your contractual entitlements, whatever that is. The rules simply limit the absences to less than 180 days within any 365-day period. So I suggest not inventing any rules yourself
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Nemesis311
Newly Registered

Meeting salary thresholds - Skilled Worker Visa COS prior to April 2024

Post by Nemesis311 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:54 pm

Hi all,

This has been an amazing community and my first stop to questions about ILR. Thanks Zimba and to this amazing community for the help you provide to the people!

This week is quite important to my family as we will be applying for ILR with my family, I've double checked the requirements and all seems to be in place.

I have just 2 practical questions on these:

1- My current visa has a COS that was assigned when I was hired back then in 2022, from which I had a code of 3545 from which I was above the minimum threshold back then. Now that code has changed to 3556 which has
A) a new threshold of £52,500 for applicants from 4th of April 2024 which I'm below that salary and
B) £39,100 for applicants with COS prior to April 2024, but I'm currently above this one
Question: If I understand this correctly it means that when I apply later this week for ILR, the case worker will review the salary threshold based on letter B since my COS was assigned in 2022? or would it be A)

2-During the ILR application would I have to state the new SOC? as I currently hold the letter from my employer that confirms my salary and absences but doesn't specify the new SOC neither the old SOC (but the 2022 SOC is in my COS from 2022)

3- Is it possible to start the ILR application now with submitting the online application prior to the 15th of June this week (as I'll be eligible to apply for ILR from that day)?
As basically for me I'd like to wake up at 1 am in the morning that day to pay, submit and seek an appointment as soon as possible.

Thanks again!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Meeting salary thresholds - Skilled Worker Visa COS prior to April 2024

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:07 pm

1. Yes. The lower going rate applies to anyone who entered the route before 4 April 2024.

See: All you need to know about salary calculations under the Skilled Worker route

2. Yes. Note that the Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) codes assigned to each sponsored role have been simply updated from the 2010 codes to the 2020 codes, so your old SOC and the new 2020 SOC both refer to the same job title/role.

3. Yes. You may save the application and submit it later when ready
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice