ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british citezenship registration questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

londonphd

british citezenship registration questions

Post by londonphd » Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:12 pm

Hello Everyone,

My wife and daughter has been on ILR for the past 2 years, and they would like to apply for registration as British Citizens this month (June). They are planning to go on holiday abroad at the end of July for two weeks. I wondered whether they will be in trouble if they travel abroad while their case is under consideration (I am assuming the HO might take longer than 2 months to review their applications).
What if the HO approves their application while they are abroad?
Can they use their ILR BRPs to enter the UK?

Has anyone traveled abroad while their application was under review?

Thank you!

secret.simon

Re: british citezenship registration questions

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:17 pm

londonphd wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:12 pm
I wondered whether they will be in trouble if they travel abroad while their case is under consideration
No. Registration and naturalisation applications are not immigration applications. The immigration pathway ends at ILR.
londonphd wrote:
Yes, because at least for your wife, she does not become a British citizen until she attends a citizenship ceremony.

The ILR BRPs will help them get onto the flight and return to the UK. If the daughter's application has been approved, as a British citizen, she could not be refused entry to the UK anyway.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

londonphd

Post by londonphd » Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:53 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:17 pm
londonphd wrote:
I wondered whether they will be in trouble if they travel abroad while their case is under consideration
No. Registration and naturalisation applications are not immigration applications. The immigration pathway ends at ILR.
londonphd wrote:
Yes, because at least for your wife, she does not become a British citizen until she attends a citizenship ceremony.

The ILR BRPs will help them get onto the flight and return to the UK. If the daughter's application has been approved, as a British citizen, she could not be refused entry to the UK anyway.
Thank you so much. Much appreciated.

One last question, which form should they fill out and submit? They both have ILRs. My daughter is 15.
If this helps with choosing the right forms, I am a naturalised British citizen.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:34 pm

Adult applies online form AN (naturalisation), then can add child which will adjust the system to form MN1 (registration).
Online application link: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1697705242
Yours status as citizen doesn't make a difference. Citizenship is not an immigration application, all applicants are assessed individually.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

londonphd

Post by londonphd » Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:26 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:34 pm
Adult applies online form AN (naturalisation), then can add child which will adjust the system to form MN1 (registration).
Online application link: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1697705242
Yours status as citizen doesn't make a difference. Citizenship is not an immigration application, all applicants are assessed individually.
Thank you!