ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation on the next day of ILR (Spouse but 10 years route)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iamthesams
Newly Registered
India

Naturalisation on the next day of ILR (Spouse but 10 years route)

Post by iamthesams » Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:42 am

Dear community,

My wife has been on various dependent visas but for the last 3 years she is on Family Visa (Spouse of British citizen)

She completes her 10 years in the UK in December 2024 and plans to apply for ILR through 10 years route. Once ILR is approved, can she apply for Naturalisation the next day because she is the spouse of British citizen?

Or should she wait for another year because the route to ILR was 10 year route and not 5 years?
Would appreciate your guidance. Thanks in advance.

secret.simon

Re: Naturalisation on the next day of ILR (Spouse but 10 years route)

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:03 am

iamthesams wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:42 am
Once ILR is approved, can she apply for Naturalisation the next day because she is the spouse of British citizen?
Yes. Her route to ILR is immaterial. So long as she is married to a British citizen and she has ILR on the date of naturalisation application, she can apply for ILR immediately after being granted ILR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

iamthesams
Newly Registered
India

Post by iamthesams » Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:42 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:03 am
iamthesams wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:42 am
Once ILR is approved, can she apply for Naturalisation the next day because she is the spouse of British citizen?
Yes. Her route to ILR is immaterial. So long as she is married to a British citizen and she has ILR on the date of naturalisation application, she can apply for ILR immediately after being granted ILR.

Thanks so much! Clarifies and takes a year of waiting.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:56 pm

No waiting 12 months!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.