ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS for extension of Tier-2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sps_rawat
Newly Registered
India

IHS for extension of Tier-2 visa

Post by sps_rawat » Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:28 am

Hello
I am looking for some help please.

My family is falling short of 6 months for ILR. I will be eligible for ILR in March 2025 and they arrived U.K. after six month after me so will be eligible for ILR in Sep 2025. However, there visa will expire in March 2025 being my dependent. I read various post that I will have to extend their visa and then apply for ILR.

Questions I have are following:

1- Can I extend the Visa only for 6 months?

2- Do I need to pay IHS fees (2500 approx) for my three dependent ? (My wife and both son turned adult recently)

Please help.
Thank you

secret.simon

Re: IHS for extension of Tier-2 visa

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:09 am

sps_rawat wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:28 am
1- Can I extend the Visa only for 6 months?
No. The period for each grant of visa is fixed, not something you can alter at your convenience.
sps_rawat wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:28 am
2- Do I need to pay IHS fees (2500 approx) for my three dependent ? (My wife and both son turned adult recently)
Either you or they would need to make the payment for the application to be processed.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:10 am

1. No. If you get ilr, dependents apply for a 3 year extension. There is no lesser time than 3 years, this is as stated in the immigration rules.

2. Yes, you have to pay ihs for all three for 3 years.

What date was their initial visa issued/granted?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sps_rawat
Newly Registered
India

Post by sps_rawat » Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:59 am

Thank you for quick response. Their Visa was issued in August 2020 and they arrived on 9th Sep 2020. My visa issued on 13th Feb and I arrived on 01st March. Our visa (my and my family visa) expires on 9th March 2025.

I will need to apply ILR in August 2025 to save money on University fees for younger son. my elder son was treated as International student.

One more question if I may please. I am a second time home buyer as I already have a flat in India. To save stamp duty, I want to buy flat/house on son’s name because he would be first time buyer. Will this impact ILR? As he is my dependent and if he have flat in his name , he might not be dependent anymore? He is also working but staying with me and we will continue until ILR.

Thank you very much in advance