ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired Passport for online Citizenship application ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maidy

Expired Passport for online Citizenship application ?

Post by maidy » Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:41 pm

I am preparing my citizenship application via online form. I cannot provide a valid passport details because my passport expired 3 months ago and I thought I am applying for citizenship so dont need to renew. regarding application system takes it as I do not have a valid passport and ask to give reason why I do not have it or why I do not want to provide it. then next question ask for most recent previous passport (expired) where I can give details.
my question is if anyone ever applied with expired passports? is it ok to go with or applicant has to have a valid current passport to get his/her application approved?

Thanks.
Maddy

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Expired Passport for online Citizenship application ?

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:58 pm

Yes you can apply with an expired passport, just say in the application box that your passport expired so you can't prove vide a valid one. I would advise against planning any trips until you secure your UK Britinsh passport as naturalisation approval timelines are not reliable.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

maidy

Post by maidy » Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:37 pm

Thank you so much. I don't have any travel plans until next year. Do you think providing expired passport may cause a delay in making a decision on my citizenship application?

Regards.
Maddy

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:48 pm

maidy wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:37 pm
Do you think providing expired passport may cause a delay in making a decision on my citizenship application?
No!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:50 pm

maidy wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:37 pm
Thank you so much. I don't have any travel plans until next year. Do you think providing expired passport may cause a delay in making a decision on my citizenship application?

Regards.
No, you will be fine.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.