ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa renewal just before expiry

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kkhairnar
Newly Registered
India

Visa renewal just before expiry

Post by kkhairnar » Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:10 pm

Hi,

I have a skilled worker visa, which is due to expire on August 1. I am travelling to India starting early July and returning on July 14. Knowing that I cannot travel after applying for visa renewal, I have not started the process yet. I have 2 questions
1) whether I might face problems while returning from India given that visa will be expiring soon.
2) More importantly, can I start the application process for myself (along with my wife and daughter) on July 15? I will have my certificate of sponsorship before that.

Its sure that the process will continue beyond August 1 and for some time I will have to live in the UK with expired visa. I want to make sure this is allowed and would not amount to overstay, or adversely affect my ILR application in the next two years.

Thanking in advance

Kunal

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa renewal just before expiry

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:21 pm

1) whether I might face problems while returning from India given that visa will be expiring soon.
No.
2) More importantly, can I start the application process for myself (along with my wife and daughter) on July 15? I will have my certificate of sponsorship before that.
You can start it at any point depending on what the dates on the CoS are.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.