ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUFAM entry visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ChebKhaled
Newly Registered
Denmark

EUFAM entry visa

Post by ChebKhaled » Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:08 pm

Hi, I am a EU-resident and we’ve applied for my spouses (NON-EU, currently hold resident card, but not according to article 10 of my native EU country) entry visa to come to Ireland. Does anyone know the current waiting time for the entry visa for qualified family members?

We’re thinking about a holiday to the UK, will an eventual tourist visa application to UK affect the EUFAM entry visa application for Ireland?

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: EUFAM entry visa

Post by Angel99 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:52 pm

Hi,

You should have applied for Irish EUTR entry visa. You can also use it for visit purposes and has more privileges.

For qualified family members it can take 2 weeks - 1 year depending if the embassy access your application or sents it to Dublin for review.

*Travelling to any country will not affect your EUTR visa even if overstayed.

ChebKhaled
Newly Registered
Denmark

Post by ChebKhaled » Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:09 pm

Hi! Thank you. Yeah this is what we applied for Irish EUTR visa, to join EU family. Our embassy sent the application to Dublin as they cannot handle this application themselves.

So we can apply for a UK visitors visa, without any negative effect on the Irish application?

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:50 pm

Yes, the UK visa won't affect it.