ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost Life in the UK Test Certificate - Please Help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

themalern
Newly Registered
Philippines

Lost Life in the UK Test Certificate - Please Help

Post by themalern » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:15 am

I lost my certificate for the Life in the UK test. Can someone please advise as to how I can obtain the certificate? It has been years since I passed, so any details about the test has been lost. Please advise.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Lost Life in the UK Test Certificate - Please Help

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:28 am

themalern wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:15 am
I lost my certificate for the Life in the UK test. Can someone please advise as to how I can obtain the certificate? It has been years since I passed, so any details about the test has been lost. Please advise.
In what year did you pass?
Did you submit it as part of ILR? If yes did you get the certificate back from Home Office after ILR approval?
You may want to check your emails for your correspondence on LIUK.
Check in your ILR application pdf copy, you would have inputted the reference number somewhere on it.
Failing all these, write a cover letter stating you have lost the certificate. Provide details like test date, test centre, reason why you took the test and the may be able to gey the details.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:31 am

themalern wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:15 am
You may have a read of below too

british-citizenship/missing-life-in-uk- ... 82590.html

Lin74
Newly Registered

Post by Lin74 » Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:09 am

Hi there,

Did you retake the test, or you write a cover letter stating all the details re LTIUK lost certificate when you submi your British citizen application

tkzim
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by tkzim » Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:40 pm

I hope this will help some 1.
Passed life in UK test 2006/2007 not sure. I did not have exact dates,just test centre name and stated in my application it was either one of those years. Didn't even provide month.
Had immigration issues after test was taken and I was finally granted discretionary leave in 2009 for 3 yrs and 2013 for 3yrs. Indefinite leave was granted 2016, I did not need life in the UK test when applying indefinite from discretionary visa (by then test certificate was lost). Applied for citizenship 29th of March 2024 and wrote a note stating I passed and the name of the centre. I also wrote I don"t know the dates as it was too long to remember.
Application was successful 10th of June and I did not have to do the Test again. So don"t stress HO has it on their records and if they can dig up my certificate from 18 yrs ago they can definitely find yours. If you passed just relax and put in details you remember. I think once you got test centre details it will be fine

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:19 am

tkzim wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:40 pm
I hope this will help some 1.
Passed life in UK test 2006/2007 not sure. I did not have exact dates,just test centre name and stated in my application it was either one of those years. Didn't even provide month.
Had immigration issues after test was taken and I was finally granted discretionary leave in 2009 for 3 yrs and 2013 for 3yrs. Indefinite leave was granted 2016, I did not need life in the UK test when applying indefinite from discretionary visa (by then test certificate was lost). Applied for citizenship 29th of March 2024 and wrote a note stating I passed and the name of the centre. I also wrote I don"t know the dates as it was too long to remember.
Application was successful 10th of June and I did not have to do the Test again. So don"t stress HO has it on their records and if they can dig up my certificate from 18 yrs ago they can definitely find yours. If you passed just relax and put in details you remember. I think once you got test centre details it will be fine
Thank you for your update.