ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gap in 6 months wage, Category A, ILR apply from Spouse FLR(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Gap in 6 months wage, Category A, ILR apply from Spouse FLR(M)

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:57 am

If you answer yes to 'Do you have any other reasons to stay in the UK', the system will ask you to provide evidence for this and this is the source of your confusion. Ignore this as you do not need to provide any evidence for 'other' reasons to stay in the UK
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ksmasher247
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ksmasher247 » Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:46 am

By the way, just found out from others that to cover for the last 2.5 years, my cohabitation documents must not be more than 4 months gap. For 2022 only: I have February 2022 (Universal Credit Letter for Applicant for Failed Habitual Residence Test) and on December 2022, applicant's NHS letter. That's it. Would this be a problem? As I have no issues with the documents in 2023 and 2024.

ksmasher247
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ksmasher247 » Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:03 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:20 am
found out you don't do that unless she stayed over 180 days which she hasn't.
There is no 180 day absence issue or limit for spouse visa holders. It applies to a completely different visa category with different rules.
Hi, just reiterating my question as my biometric appointment date is approaching soon.

On the UKVCA upload website, I uploaded everything but just confused on the last part:

"Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK".

I don't what documents to submit except an invitation letter from my daughter's school for her to start nursery. It's an optional section too.

Kindly please let me know what to do with this. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:33 pm

zimba wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:57 am
If you answer yes to 'Do you have any other reasons to stay in the UK', the system will ask you to provide evidence for this and this is the source of your confusion. Ignore this as you do not need to provide any evidence for 'other' reasons to stay in the UK
Already answered!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:14 pm

ksmasher247 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:03 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:20 am
found out you don't do that unless she stayed over 180 days which she hasn't.
There is no 180 day absence issue or limit for spouse visa holders. It applies to a completely different visa category with different rules.
Hi, just reiterating my question as my biometric appointment date is approaching soon.

On the UKVCA upload website, I uploaded everything but just confused on the last part:

"Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK".

I don't what documents to submit except an invitation letter from my daughter's school for her to start nursery. It's an optional section too.

Kindly please let me know what to do with this. Thanks.
Simply do nothing.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:07 pm

ksmasher247 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:46 am
By the way, just found out from others that to cover for the last 2.5 years, my cohabitation documents must not be more than 4 months gap. For 2022 only: I have February 2022 (Universal Credit Letter for Applicant for Failed Habitual Residence Test) and on December 2022, applicant's NHS letter. That's it. Would this be a problem? As I have no issues with the documents in 2023 and 2024.
What is the source of this claim ?? Something some random person said ???
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ksmasher247
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ksmasher247 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:59 pm

I've seen on other forums about it. Never mind. Tomorrow's my wife's biometric appointment and I have my bank statements however, for January 2024, there is none of my home address, nothing. Only for April 2024 statement and onwards, I can see my home address.

By post, they've only given my transactions with my name, account number and sort code shown.

I went to the bank, they said they don't give bank statement from branch anymore. They said they've ordered for me since last week, I'd have to wait via post for a new copy of January 2024 onwards statement if I want the type with my home address. As of now, I haven't received it.

Is this a problem?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:37 pm

ksmasher247 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:59 pm
I've seen on other forums about it. Never mind. Tomorrow's my wife's biometric appointment and I have my bank statements however, for January 2024, there is none of my home address, nothing. Only for April 2024 statement and onwards, I can see my home address.

By post, they've only given my transactions with my name, account number and sort code shown.

I went to the bank, they said they don't give bank statement from branch anymore. They said they've ordered for me since last week, I'd have to wait via post for a new copy of January 2024 onwards statement if I want the type with my home address. As of now, I haven't received it.

Is this a problem?
What some person says online without any basis in the rules is irrelevant.
I covered the cohabitation evidence requirements in detail here: All you need to know about cohabitation evidence

You do not need to provide any printed evidence either. Now all the digital evidence is accepted. Rather than assuming things, follow the rules and you should face no issues

ksmasher247
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ksmasher247 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:57 pm

zimba wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:37 pm
ksmasher247 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:59 pm

Is this a problem?
What some person says online without any basis in the rules is irrelevant.
I covered the cohabitation evidence requirements in detail here: All you need to know about cohabitation evidence

You do not need to provide any printed evidence either. Now all the digital evidence is accepted. Rather than assuming things, follow the rules and you should face no issues
Thanks for sending link above.

"Now all the digital evidence is accepted"

Wait, even for bank documents?! I have online bank statements that I can use to upload now.

ksmasher247
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ksmasher247 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:31 pm

zimba wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:07 pm
ksmasher247 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:46 am
What is the source of this claim ?? Something some random person said ???
HI. I found the source from this link before:
indefinite-leave-to-remain/cohabitation ... l#p1813810

"Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:05 pm
You need 2 years evidence from 3 - 6 sources, spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months."

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:07 pm

All digital evidence will be accepted as NO physical document is submitted. This has been the case since 2018 !!!
The advice on cohabitation is also very very very clear. There is no specific requirement at all, so anything you see on how to cover the period is largely advisory and is given for reference. I have now repeated this multiple times

ksmasher247
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ksmasher247 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:09 pm

zimba wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:07 pm
All digital evidence will be accepted. This has been the case since 2018 !!!
The advice on cohabitation is also very very very clear. There is no specific requirement at all, so anything you see on how to cover the period is largely advisory and is given for a reference
Oh I see. All this time for first time spouse application and renewals, I thought I had to use paper based statement, and if printed from a branch, it had to be stamped.