ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confirmation email not received, but survey email

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

andshiga
Newly Registered
Brazil

Confirmation email not received, but survey email

Post by andshiga » Tue May 14, 2024 9:48 am

I applied as main applicant, my wife being an additional applicant. On 6/5/2024 I received an email informing her application was successful. 3 days later on 9/5/2024 I received a feedback survey email on my name. I have not yet received my own successful application confirmation. We moved to the UK with me with a tier-2 visa with my wife as dependant so I'd expect my application to be approved first. Could there have been some truncation when the emails were sent out and I'll never get mine?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Confirmation email not received, but survey email

Post by alterhase58 » Tue May 14, 2024 10:14 am

Please don't tag posts to other members' threads - start your own.

The order of receipt of approval for naturalisation is irrelevant - your wife is no longer a dependent of yours.

There are quite a few reports of members receiving the survey email without having received the approval email - maybe a glitch but highly likely your approval is in the pipeline (unless it's gone into email spam folder?).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

andshiga
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by andshiga » Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:47 pm

An update on this. I confirmed that my council received the naturalisation certificate which might indicate that my email got lost in the post somehow. I'm now querying HO about this.
I am pretty sure that a hypothetical email was not filtered by any means by my mail server.

andshiga
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by andshiga » Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:13 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 10:14 am
Please don't tag posts to other members' threads - start your own.

The order of receipt of approval for naturalisation is irrelevant - your wife is no longer a dependent of yours.

There are quite a few reports of members receiving the survey email without having received the approval email - maybe a glitch but highly likely your approval is in the pipeline (unless it's gone into email spam folder?).
If that was a glitch, such glitch has also affected the firing of my invitation email. My approval is no longer in the pipeline as I confirmed that the council received my naturalisation certificate on the 2nd of May (more than a month ago!). I am absolutely convinced that nothing got into my spam box. Furthermore, the council will not book my ceremony without the invitation.
Complaint raised with HO.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:26 pm

Strange, councils seem to take different approaches to the Home Office "missing email" scenario.
Here someone received an invitation from their council, but not the HO email, walked in with the invitation and attended ceremony!
viewtopic.php?p=2166630#p2166630
The fact that the Home Office has sent the council your certificate should be 100% proof that you are approved for British citizenship. I would go to the council offices personally and find someone in charge of the section. Doesn't feel right that bureaucracy is jeopardising your citizenship.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

andshiga
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by andshiga » Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:21 pm

That's it. Just 25 hours after raising a complaint I've got my invitation email :D :D :D :D :D

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:50 pm

Congratulations, good luck for the ceremony and finally your first passport.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:56 pm

What a relief for you. Congratulations.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

hianzik
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hianzik » Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:48 pm

andshiga wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:21 pm
That's it. Just 25 hours after raising a complaint I've got my invitation email :D :D :D :D :D
Hi dear
Please can you tell us how did you raised a complain for it?
Thanks

andshiga
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by andshiga » Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:37 am

hianzik wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:48 pm
andshiga wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:21 pm
Hi dear
Please can you tell us how did you raised a complain for it?
Thanks
https://www.ukvi-complaints.homeoffice.gov.uk/reason