ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion on irish naturalisation residency calculater

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Corw
United Kingdom

Confusion on irish naturalisation residency calculater

Post by Corw » Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:53 pm

Dear Sir/ Madam
I would like to know some information about irish naturalisation-residency-calculator.
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/natural ... alculator/ in order for me to apply for irish naturalisation reckon-able residency.

Can you anyone advise me on how to calculate my reckon-able residency time period in the state for irish naturalisation application ?

Should I calculate my reckon-able residency time period in the state for irish naturalisation application from the that date when the department of justice issued me permission letter or the issue date on my IRP CARD ?
I am spouse of British national and beneficiary of withdrawal agreement .
Your swift response would be greatly appreciated
thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: Confusion on irish naturalisation residency calculater

Post by meself2 » Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:28 pm

I'd say that IRP card is the way to go, as it clearly states your stamp.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:42 pm

You should always check the dates when they were stamped in your passport, if at all. What I did wrong was that I applied for naturalisation four months late because, in the past, INIS used to stamp passports with visas and then issue GNIB cards, which could take weeks. My solicitor advised me to look at the stamps in your passport. If you have never had any stamps in your passport, stick with the dates mentioned in IRP.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:59 pm

The Minister clarified previously that if you were issued with a permission letter that indicates you have been granted permission immediately, your start date can be the letter issuance date, subjective to you getting an IRP card eventually.

There shouldn’t be too much of a difference between the two dates so either would be fine. Obviously using your IRP issuance date would be easier because that is the date in INIS’s system.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:14 pm

In fact INIS’s website has recently been updated to include this additional clause:
IMG_4017.jpeg
IMG_4017.jpeg (934.56 KiB) Viewed 173 times