ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker visa Employer change gap time

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HakanD
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Skilled worker visa Employer change gap time

Post by HakanD » Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:09 am

Hello,

I have been working in the UK for 2.5 years and have paid and extended my skilled worker visa for 3 more years. Recently I got an offer from another employer and accepted it. They applied for a CoS license but waiting for a reply from the home office/UKVI. During that time my notice period is coming to an end.

What happens if I can not apply for employer change during my notice period? Should I go for a holiday during this transition period?

I also paid for 3 years of health surcharge etc. and was planning to get a refund when I change employer, if a gap time occurs (possibly weeks) can I still get this refund?

Thanks for your help. I will ask for CoS before accepting any offer after this experience!

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Skilled worker visa Employer change gap time

Post by lolo2 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:09 pm

HakanD wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:09 am
What happens if I can not apply for employer change during my notice period? Should I go for a holiday during this transition period?
You're free to go on holidays anytime.

After your last day in the current job, the employer must notify UKVI the termination of your sponsorship. If you travel outside the UK during this period and haven't yet secured a new visa, you might encounter problems at the POE when re-entering the country.
HakanD wrote:
I also paid for 3 years of health surcharge etc. and was planning to get a refund when I change employer, if a gap time occurs (possibly weeks) can I still get this refund?
Once a new visa is approved, you might be eligible for a partial refund on the paid IHS, pro-rata of the time remaining in the current leave.
HakanD wrote:
I will ask for CoS before accepting any offer after this experience!
Ensuring that an employer has a sponsor's licence I think is the first thing we as migrant workers have to ask/check when changing jobs.