ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received SAR for travel dates, basic information missing

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JeremyG
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Received SAR for travel dates, basic information missing

Post by JeremyG » Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:23 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:30 pm
SAR results are notoriously incomplete.
Is it meant to be only commercial carrier data (complete or not) and nothing on entrances to the UK? Or did I just fall between the cracks on this one?

Do case workers have the same data as SAR?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:43 pm

Personally I don't know how HO stores/records data or what a caseworker will have access to. Could be the same data you got from the SAR or more. Hard to say.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

JeremyG
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by JeremyG » Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:52 am

As my BC application is in process, and having gone over my SAR and discovering new data, I want to send an update message to the case worker What is the process for this?

I applied under three-year route, but having compiled now my 5 year route travel, I would like to (politely) offer the HO to consider the 5 year route if they deem it useful

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:08 pm

No need to do that. It possibly wouldn't even be read by the case worker. If they need more documents they will contact you, you supplied everything you needed to. Did you indicate you were applying under Section 6(1) or 6(2)? You have to pick one, I imagine you picked the 3 year route as it was more convenient to you. Unless you realised it would be much better to be considered under Section 6(1) I would advise not to introduce more confusion in the mix by "offering" them another route.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Enzo2995
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Enzo2995 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:38 pm

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:23 pm
contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:30 pm
SAR results are notoriously incomplete.
Is it meant to be only commercial carrier data (complete or not) and nothing on entrances to the UK? Or did I just fall between the cracks on this one?

Do case workers have the same data as SAR?
Hi.

Based on my personal experience, HO is informed by commercial carrier, ex. airline, once you enter/leave the country. So i am assuming that if you don't get a stamp then commercial carrier data is the only data HO have.

JeremyG
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by JeremyG » Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:33 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:08 pm
No need to do that. It possibly wouldn't even be read by the case worker. If they need more documents they will contact you, you supplied everything you needed to. Did you indicate you were applying under Section 6(1) or 6(2)? You have to pick one, I imagine you picked the 3 year route as it was more convenient to you. Unless you realised it would be much better to be considered under Section 6(1) I would advise not to introduce more confusion in the mix by "offering" them another route.
Exactly, after getting the SAR, I realize the section 6(1) route might be better for me, so want to politely suggest that they consider that route. And my question is how do you send additional information after application? If they don't see it or disregard it is irrelevant.

In the discretion, it already talk about how the caseworker can consider different travel timelines if it helps the applicant (the example given, is if they were outside the UK on the day of application, but had they applied a few days later they would be OK)

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:52 pm

I guess you need to send an email with additional evidence, attach a cover note and try your luck. Though I should add, if you know you have been out of the UK and are basing switching route on the fact that the HO won't find out, it is a gamble that you are not necessarily going to win.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:55 pm

You can email the following addresses:

furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk
NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

Also note that them exercising discretion towards an applicant who was out of the country on the day 5 years prior to the application (and eg back the following week) isn't the same that them switching routes depending on what is more convenient for the applicant. It is worth a shot if the outlook is better, but as I said above not guaranteed to work.

JeremyG
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by JeremyG » Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:32 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:52 pm
I guess you need to send an email with additional evidence, attach a cover note and try your luck. Though I should add, if you know you have been out of the UK and are basing switching route on the fact that the HO won't find out, it is a gamble that you are not necessarily going to win.
1. I don't play the "HO won't find out game" or even get near it, I declare everything I know and point out any doubts if there are.
2. I was clearly in the UK 3 years and 5 years before applying (should I show evidence? local purchases on my debit card?, photos with my kids in front of a waitrose ? their SARU clearly shows I was in the UK)
3. I applied based on 3 years because my 3 year data was clearer to me (e.g. frequent flyer accounts keep 1-3 years not 5 years).
4. I have gone over ,every calender, mail with the words "flight", "Ferry" Hotel", "British airways" etc, And my assistant kept a log for me in the first place (but with errors, e.g. assuming my take off day was my landing day or missing a short private weekend break)
5. I wanted some government verification so asked for the SARU, while it is missing a lot of info, or has wrong info (I change flights all the time so if carrier data my show a flight I didn't take or changed its date). it came after I applied
6. The SARU (with its limitations) helped fill a few pieces of the puzzle (it confirmed my 3 years route application, in fact I was 2 days less outside the UK than I declared, I erred to be conservative against me, makes no difference, to the days of threshold limits)
7. BUT it filled pieces of the travel puzzle of 3-5 years ago (that I wasn't confident to send when I applied) but I am now confident of my 5 years travel.
8. my 5 years route is beyond the thresholds, but is "usually offered discretion level" (over 90 last 12 less than 450) my 3 year route "needs a bit more discretion of unavoidable consequence of my job" hence I will send this to the home office, with a polite explanation, evidence and all truthfully. Can't see how it hurts

JeremyG
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by JeremyG » Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:40 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:55 pm
You can email the following addresses:

NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk
NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

Also note that them exercising discretion towards an applicant who was out of the country on the day 5 years prior to the application (and eg back the following week) isn't the same that them switching routes depending on what is more convenient for the applicant. It is worth a shot if the outlook is better, but as I said above not guaranteed to work.
Fully understand that it is not the same, it was just an example that they "are looking to help find a way when the travel as applied doesn't work" vs " looking for a way to say no"). And yes worth a shot.

should I email all 5 addresses or choose one? Can I ask for confirmation of receipt? thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:58 pm

I suggest you email all 5 addresses, you can ask for a confirmation of receipt but little assurance you will receive one. I did say "IF you know you have been away", as you know the dates and can prove your trips you can try that.

JeremyG
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by JeremyG » Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:25 pm

Just an update, I have received approval for BC and the ceremony is next week.

I applied early April. This forum raised issues with my application (over 90 and 270 days), but my travel would have just made it worse. As I was still going through my complicated travel history in the online form I mostly referred to my cover letter. My UKVCAS appointment was not rushed, 6 weeks later. I was out of UK 142 days in last year 296 in last three years. I declared all the processes I went through to determine my travel days and that there may be a minor error (lesson #1 to frequent travelers, keep good travel records).

I declared that I do not meet the residence requirements in both the 1&3 years. Thx to this forum I was very detailed in evidence that the UK is my only residence, home, ties etc.

I thoroughly explained why I travel a lot, why I traveled more than usual this year and asked for discretion based on an unavoidable consequence of the nature of my career, and justified by compelling occupational reasons.

6 weeks after my UKCVAS appointment (and uploading the cover letter and all the rest), received the approval (was about to send a request to look at five years) having delayed my UKVCAS and with two points of going over residence requirements I was surprised it was only another 6 weeks.

I do not know if the fact I am a) under 300 days "normally disregarded" or b) my "unavoidable consequence" was the defining factor. But it seems I was a fast normal timing decision.

@consorted_svy is very helpful and has a clear opinion that "If applicant meets all other requirements ..." means you can't use "normally disregarded" and that is the straightforward way of reading the rules. But speaking to lawyers (just the free intro calls) and thoroughly searching including this forum could not find "case studies" proof if s/he is correct. Other admins did not chip in with a response on this (I tried...). It might be a rare case that You are "just" over one and lots over the other residence time criteria (and also come to this forum and declare you were not approved for that reason). As I made IMO a strong "unavoidable" case, we do not know what swayed it. (would an SAR in the future gove insight to said decision process? It would be just curiosity I am done with immigration...)

PS is there a way to apply for a PP without sending in my existing PP (or getting it back for sure, within days). I still travel a lot and can continue on my American PP for now?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:11 pm

Congratulations. If you want to share how you built your case, I am sure that would be of help to other members.
You need to send your original passport to get a British one, no other way. You can come back on a US one as it is a visa free country, but you may want to bring your naturalisation certificate as your ILR will no longer be valid once you attend the ceremony. Suggest as soon as you are in the UK for a few weeks you apply.

JeremyG
Newly Registered
United States of America

Best way to get passport after ceremony (with minimal time without old or new PP)

Post by JeremyG » Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:44 pm

@contorted_svy

I made the correct case that I came here on t1-ent (the UK was attracting entrepreneurs), and the nature of tech entrepreneurs is a lot of travel to promote the venture customers/partners/investors/conferences/accelerators (and specifically that I do not travel to a 2nd home or anything like that, I didn't write that but that is based on my understanding, from this forum, that absence days is a proxy for the seriousness of UK connection, but if that is your job, it effectively is not a bearing on that)

As I said I do not know if the "normally disregarded" was enough.

I could find no guidance notes on the definition of "unavoidable...." , you raised it is meant for "Pilots" and such. But I will say again I found no case studies on this forum, on google, on ChatGPT.

Also on whether "normally disregarded" is usable, again, no guidance notes, case studies, no input from other moderators.

Beside your opinion on the interpretation (and it is not an unreasonable one) no other evidence.

(viewtopic.php?t=347813&start=25#p2157082 shows what I am talking about)

Back to UK PP. SO what it the fastest way to "not be without" a USA (perfectly usable for travel) or UK PP? Would applying at a consulate abroad help? Check&Send and do it after the summer peak travel? (I am just surprised there is no UKCVAS type service to photo your PP and let you keep it or a service that your original PP is sent back after a few days while the rest of the PP process takes its time).

I understand that having multiple other PPs also doesn't help as you have to send them all in, or sending the main one would suffice (The UK allows, multiple UK passports e.g. for frequent travellers, the USA does not, but still want to understand)

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Jul 25, 2024 4:06 pm

The quickest way that I would know of is to apply online and send your documents with next day delivery. There is unfortunately no other way around sending over all your valid passports for a first British passport. No need to use Check&Send - actually the common experience on the forum is that applying online yourself is quicker. Currently it is taking 13 days for a first adult passport on average - processing times are three weeks.