ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Consent letter for daughter traveling alone

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Consent letter for daughter traveling alone

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:06 am

Hi.

Can someone please guide as my daughter is applying for the
Dependant visa. My wife and son are still in Pakistan and they cannot travel due to my son's academic year completion.

Now only my 17 years old daughter wants to apply for dependant visa to join me in the UK. Do she needs to get a consent form/letter from her mother to submit with the application form. If yes, what is the format/template for the consent form.

Thanks

vinny

Re: Consent letter for daughter traveling alone

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:50 am

Are your wife and son also applying for, or already have dependant visas too?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:10 pm

Thanks for your reply.

No they are not applying right now as my son needs to stay in pakistan to finish his course till sept 2024. So my wife will stay in pakistan with him and they both will apply in october.

Only my daughter want to apply now and join me in uk.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:16 pm

What visa category are you holding and applying for your daughter?

Your daughter is likely to be refused if the other parent is also not applying at the same time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:16 pm

Iam on tier2 work permit. Daughter is aged 17, she will be applying for dependant visa.

Do you believe home office will refuse her application if my wife and son are not applying together.?

Thanks for ur help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:38 pm

Iam on tier2 work permit. Daughter is aged 17, she will be applying for dependant visa.

She doesn't qualify for a dependent visa if the other parent is not also applying. You would need official documents proving you have sole responsibility, which you won't have because you are still married.
Do you believe home office will refuse her application if my wife and son are not applying together.?
100% refusal. We see it all the time on the forum. The immigration rules state that children only qualify if both parents are applying or have visas for the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.