ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport applications (family)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raghavsurya
United Kingdom

Passport applications (family)

Post by raghavsurya » Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:01 am

Hi all, I applied for British pp for Myself, wife and son after receiving the certificate of naturalisation. it was mentioned in the HM passport email that if applying as a family, I can post all docs in same envelope so they will be processed together. I got the status update until "Docs Received" for all 3 of us but its only me who has got the Passport application approved and Passport Printed status. Haven't received the approved and printed status for my wife and son

Could it be possible they only update for one person in the family for all applications in that family? Or should I be concerned?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Passport applications (family)

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:28 am

There is no "family application" as such.
Each applicant is assessed individually, and not necessarily by the same caseworker. So perhaps a bit more waiting for wife and son.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:32 am

raghavsurya wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:01 am
Hi all, I applied for British pp for Myself, wife and son after receiving the certificate of naturalisation. it was mentioned in the HM passport email that if applying as a family, I can post all docs in same envelope so they will be processed together. I got the status update until "Docs Received" for all 3 of us but its only me who has got the Passport application approved and Passport Printed status. Haven't received the approved and printed status for my wife and son

Could it be possible they only update for one person in the family for all applications in that family? Or should I be concerned?

Thanks
When did you receive yours? You may just have to wait for a bit to get theirs.

raghavsurya
United Kingdom

Post by raghavsurya » Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:41 am

Yeah they also got the certificates on the same day as me and I sent all of our certificates and Indian pps in the same envelope

raghavsurya
United Kingdom

Post by raghavsurya » Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:45 am

@amazonian
I got the update that it’s approved yesterday and the printed status todsy

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:13 pm

raghavsurya wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:45 am
@amazonian
So give it a bit of time.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:18 pm

raghavsurya wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:45 am
@amazonian
Current processing times for passports are 3 weeks - still well within the range. Wait a bit longer.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.