ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR DEPENDANTS ENQUIRES

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Snug
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR DEPENDANTS ENQUIRES

Post by Snug » Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:41 pm

Hi,

I need clarification as I haven't been able to find an answer elsewhere. I arrived in the UK with my daughter in September 2019 on Tier 2 dependent visas. We stayed with my husband for a few days before returning home. I came back alone a month after (October,2019) and my daughter rejoined us in September 2020 and has been with us since then.

My husband recently received his ILR. I understand that we need to apply for a three-year extension and pay the IHS, as mentioned in previous posts.

Based on my calculations, I will be eligible to apply for ILR this year, and my daughter will be eligible next year. However, I was informed that I need to wait until my daughter qualifies before applying, as she cannot apply alone because she is under 18. Please is this the case?

meself2
Ireland

Re: ILR DEPENDANTS ENQUIRES

Post by meself2 » Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:07 pm

Snug wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:41 pm
However, I was informed that I need to wait until my daughter qualifies before applying, as she cannot apply alone because she is under 18.
How/by whom?

Your daughter's permission is based on her partens' permissions. Assuming both parents got ILR, she should be able to obtain ILR as well.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:18 pm

There is no 5 year minimum residence for children. The child applies for ilr when you do.

That aside, you have been given terribly incorrect advice. It is actually the other way round, the child cannot apply for ilr before you do or without you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Snug
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Snug » Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:21 pm

Thank you all. Much appreciated

Snug
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Snug » Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:28 am

Hi All,

We are applying to extend our PBS Dependants application after main applicant has obtained iLR but I need assistance with the right answer to the question.

The Person you are joining or remaing with ; Enter their Visa expiry date. I am not sure of the dates as the main applicant already has ILR.

Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:52 am

Snug wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:28 am
Hi All,

We are applying to extend our PBS Dependants application after main applicant has obtained iLR but I need assistance with the right answer to the question.

The Person you are joining or remaing with ; Enter their Visa expiry date. I am not sure of the dates as the main applicant already has ILR.

Thank you
PBS dependant route does not exist anymore. You probably mean the skilled worker dependant route. ILR has no expiry date.
To get correct IHS calculations, ensure to put down a date 3 years in the future
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Snug
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Snug » Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:19 am

Thank you for your assistance. Please, What about the work start and end date on the dependent section. Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:18 pm

Snug wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:19 am
Thank you for your assistance. Please, What about the work start and end date on the dependent section. Thanks
Same thing. Put in a date 3 years in the future. This is not important
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Snug
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Snug » Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:26 pm

Great! Thank you

Snug
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Snug » Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:17 pm

Hello again,

Please is ILR Calculation different when it comes to Dependants? I was told it starts counting when they entered the country not when the Visa was issued.

Entry visa. Valid from 17/08/19- 16/9/19. Entered the UK Sept 11th 2019 went back on the 15th, 2019 and came back in October 30th 2019. My current visa expires 28th of July.

Please, when I am eligible to apply? The earliest date.

Secondly, is it's possible to apply for ILR , submit the application and book the biometrics after 2weeks just to meet up with the earliest date? Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:00 pm

No. The date of entry is irrelevant under skilled worker route

Read: Applicants can benefit from the date of the ILR decision

Snug
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Snug » Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:48 am

Thank you!