ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Duration of GTV application

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

S_GUPTA
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Duration of GTV application

Post by S_GUPTA » Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:46 am

Hello,

My partner is applying for GTV this week. When filing out the stage 2 form, it asks for the duration of GTV visa required. My partner will be in UK on SKV for 2.5 yrs by end of June 2024. I understand that for ILR on GTV route, the time on SKV visa is counted. Since she is applying for exceptional promise, she is eligible for ILR after 3yrs on staying period. So, should she apply only for 1 year for GTV and she can apply for ILR by end of this year?

I understand we will not get the IHS refund if we apply for longer GTV duration - on the basis of switching from GTV to ILR application.

Could someone please suggest if application of 1 year GTV visa would be fine?

Thanks,

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Duration of GTV application

Post by lolo2 » Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:20 am

Yes, she can apply for one year GTV and include time on the Skilled Worker route for ILR.

https://www.gov.uk/indefinite-leave-to- ... bal-talent